Talimena Drive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When is the prime time to go see the fall foliage? I know it varies each year based on rainfall amounts for the year so does anyone have some insight this year or know a souce that tracks this? I'm wanting to book a cabin in Broken Bow for a weekend getaway for me and my gal. Shes never seen the leaves there. I have once but I'd love to again.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When is the prime time to go see the fall foliage? I know it varies each year based on rainfall amounts for the year so does anyone have some insight this year or know a souce that tracks this? I'm wanting to book a cabin in Broken Bow for a weekend getaway for me and my gal. Shes never seen the leaves there. I have once but I'd love to again.

According to Travelok.com:

Fall Color Report
Foliage Update 10-08-2019 - The fall foliage season along the Talimena National Scenic Byway has yet to begin. Typically, foliage can be viewed at its peak from the last week of October through the first week of November.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to Travelok.com:

Fall Color Report
Foliage Update 10-08-2019 - The fall foliage season along the Talimena National Scenic Byway has yet to begin. Typically, foliage can be viewed at its peak from the last week of October through the first week of November.
Thats a blanket statement. It varies year to year. some years early Nov., so late Nov.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats a blanket statement. It varies year to year. some years early Nov., so late Nov.
More of a somewhat blanket statement, since it was updated on 10.08.19. Beyond that, the only way to really know would be to actually go there right now and find out in person. But, rather than do that, I simply tried to relay a little tidbit of possibly useful information.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More of a somewhat blanket statement, since it was updated on 10.08.19. Beyond that, the only way to really know would be to actually go there right now and find out in person. But, rather than do that, I simply tried to relay a little tidbit of possibly useful information.
Well thank you, so sorry I put you out but if youd read my post youd know I had been there and I knew enough about it to know it varies from early Nov. to late Nov. There are watch groups that report every year the predicted time for it to turn and thats what I was asking for. Or live cameras that someone may know of.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't put me out, like I said, just sharing information available to me in a friendly manner, and in response to the above bolded portion of your post.
Thats no source LMAO. Blanket statement.
I mean like a watch group, usually a group of hippie tree huggers but they know precisely when.
Or even better, someone who lives in the area. You dont I take it?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats no source LMAO. Blanket statement.
I mean like a watch group, usually a group of hippie tree huggers but they know precisely when.
Or even better, someone who lives in the area. You dont I take it?
Like you, I eagerly await the many responses we'll get from the hippie tree huggers on here.
:ugh2:
All you jokers just keep your ass out of Clay's thread

Latest posts

Top Bottom