Target Frame at OKCGC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a new member at OKCGC. I would like to shoot on the pistol range tomorrow and need a target frame to do so. I have some 1 X 2 and carboard.. can someone tell me the width I need for the stands they have? I saw the drawing on the web site for the "Bullseye" division. Is that what I use? They are 22.3 " wide from edge to edge, but it looks like the boards are 1 X 3's.. hmmm. I assume a 1 X 2 will work as well. Please advise if you can.

Thanks!

B

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure but if you don't want to mess with it (like me) just follow the gravel road around to the plinker range next to the benchrest. There's different plates for .22 rinfire, standard pistol, and magnum.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mons - that's what I did today and thoroughly enjoyed it. But, I want to do some more accurate sighting-in and testing of different loads, so I need to do it on paper and a little closer. Thanks
B

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just take some 1x2x4' boards (Lowes/ home depot) put boards in the mount at range and staple cardboard to 1x2's, staple target to cardboard. There are some frames leaning against fence but might be shot up

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just take some 1x2x4' boards (Lowes/ home depot) put boards in the mount at range and staple cardboard to 1x2's, staple target to cardboard. There are some frames leaning against fence but might be shot up

Find your package from the orientation, the dimensions of the target frame are in there, or at least they were in the November orientation.

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not been out there since the orientation meeting...Weather I guess but today was pretty nice day...I was suprised that the pistol target and plinking range were not addressed much in that meeting. However, it seemed that most of the guys there were hunters or shotgun...My wife and I joyed because we wanted to be able to shoot outside and close by, we live in Edmond. Gotta get out there....Have to admit I didn't see the target frame requirement in the packet....

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They always have several target stands sitting around in the cowboy action bays. There are more in the action pistol trailer. They don't lock the stands up. There are also wood stakes in tbe trailer too. Just clean up after yourself so they don't get locked up in the future.
I always do my zeroing and chronoing on tbe 25yd stations to the far east side of tbe bench rest range.
If you want to make tour own target stands make them the same width as tbe target give or take an inch either way. Make sure you make the legs that sit perpendicular to target at least 2 1/2' long or the wind will tip them over.

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is truely ashame that for the dues that we pay-they don't have target frames. It will all come back around sometime

I can believe anyone in there Right mind would say that, for 100.00 a year with the facilities available. How about you build some on your workday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom