Taurus 85 revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, had one, tried carrying it, then shelved it for a S&W 442, later sold Taurus 85 used. OK gun, but be sure you get to handle the gun first before you buy. Taurus QC is hit or miss, and you don't want to have to deal with Taurus CS if you get a flakey one.
S&W 442 can be had for $320 to $350 depending on where you guy it, and it is a lighter and better 5-shot .38.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What the previous guy said....I agree. I've had a few Tauruses....Tauri....whatever, and they've been either acceptable or complete crap. The good ones aren't as finely finished as a Smith or even a Ruger, but they seem to be fine. The crappy ones are just that....
I wouldn't try to talk you out of one, but I wouldn't try to talk you into one either.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reviews seem to be good online so thought I would ask. My brother has a taurus pistol and it always goes bang but sites fall off, etc. Thanks for replying

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had an older Taurus 85 bought used. I had a few misfires. Thought it might have been the ammo. Sold it.
Rather have a Ruger or Smith revolver...

Latest posts

Top Bottom