Taxidermy and game processing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a taxidermist and/or game processor in the Tulsa area that has experience with elk. I'm probably totally jinxing my hunt :cry11: , but I wanted to try and get some things lined out just in case I come home heavy. Over the past few years I've processed my deer and other game myself but with the money going into an out of state hunt I'd like to make sure it's done right. Any advice would be appreciated!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how close to tulsa u want it to be?
my buddy owns adventure bound tax. but he is over by muskogee (okay) he does really good work and is reasonably priced.(i can show u some pics if u like) plus there is a good processor in haskell which would be on the way.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how close to tulsa u want it to be?
my buddy owns adventure bound tax. but he is over by muskogee (okay) he does really good work and is reasonably priced.(i can show u some pics if u like) plus there is a good processor in haskell which would be on the way.

I would like to see some pics of his work. Muskogee is definately close enough. If I luck out I'm going to want it done right for sure.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

OKC would be on the radar too, it's on the way home from NM. Anyone have recommendations down there?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good friend of mine has a taxidermy shop in Porum. He's won several awards for his work. His name is Chad Mann. I can PM you his contact info if you're interested.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Michael Blunk for my mounts, and Dewayne's BBQ if I don't process it myself. Both are located in Blackwell.

me and dewayne have had some issues...
without going into to much detail he almost ruined one of my capes and did ruin a 185lb deer i dropped off and all he was suposed to do was store it for one day... i wont ever use him again!

anyway i will try and get some pics up tonight when i get home.... there are a few on the thread about posting your mounts if u want to look there

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
me and dewayne have had some issues...
without going into to much detail he almost ruined one of my capes and did ruin a 185lb deer i dropped off and all he was suposed to do was store it for one day... i wont ever use him again!

anyway i will try and get some pics up tonight when i get home.... there are a few on the thread about posting your mounts if u want to look there

Sorry to hear that! I love his Venison bacon though!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! I love his Venison bacon though!

oh dont get me wrong he can make some good stuff but his facility and process needs a little work... it wouldnt have been as big of a deal but i confronted him about it the next weekend and he told me i was full of s**t and didnt know what i was talking about!

Latest posts

Top Bottom