TCSO: Deputy shouldn't be charged because he confused his weapons (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eric Harris criminal record has been easy to find since this nightmare began. He didn't deserve to be slain, the media should show all officers involved identity, we don't live in some sort of 3rd world banana republic! out these fringe LEO's and this kind of abuse might stop.

Not a 3rd world banana republic, but not for lack of trying.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We'll never know because Leo's killed him. Lotsa low life's in this world. But being a low life shouldn't get a Reserve Deputy off in this instance.

Personally, I think a few Leo's should lose their job over this. The officer that said "fukc your breath", I hope his friends n family heard him say that and know what a callous chickens hit thing that is for a officer to say that represents us. I hope it fukc his life up as well.

Actually, we DO know what happens if you don't break the law.... multiple times..... or at least I do. I don't think anyone here is asking for a dismissal of blame on Bates' part, however a lack of responsibility on being a career criminal seems to be popular here.

Couldn't care less about the **** your breath part. Don't want to be treated harshly? Don't put yourself in dangerous situations. Please and thank you doesn't work with these guys so if they are less than PC.... so be it.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BFD ... seems in the heat of the moment some of the deputies didn't hear the gunshot if the article below is correct. those two deputies pinning down suspect are lucky they didn't get shot ...

--------------

Tulsa sheriff spokesman says other deputies didn't hear shot
April 15, 2015

[Broken External Image]

TULSA, Okla. (AP) - A sheriff's deputy who can be heard in a video cursing at a suspect who later died was unaware that a volunteer deputy had shot the man, the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office said.

Spokesman Shannon Clark told the Wall Street Journal that the office would evaluate the April 2 incident that led to the death of 44-year-old Eric Harris.

In the video of Harris' arrest that was captured by a camera in a deputy's sunglasses, one deputy can be seen restraining Harris by pressing a knee to his head. Another deputy is heard cursing when Harris complains that he has been shot and cannot breathe.

Clark said both deputies have said they didn't realize Harris had been shot. Clark said any administrative action against the deputies would be conducted within the department.

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Tulsa-sheriff-spokesman-says-other-deputies-6201118.php

yep, right...I suppose no one could hear Deputy Bates say "I shot him, I'm sorry" either. I don't think the Sheriff's office is helping their employees.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, we DO know what happens if you don't break the law.... multiple times..... or at least I do. I don't think anyone here is asking for a dismissal of blame on Bates' part, however a lack of responsibility on being a career criminal seems to be popular here.

Couldn't care less about the **** your breath part. Don't want to be treated harshly? Don't put yourself in dangerous situations. Please and thank you doesn't work with these guys so if they are less than PC.... so be it.

He caught a bullet for his criminal behavior and died. The macho trash talk is to you're liking, I can smell what you're stepping in.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He caught a bullet for his criminal behavior and died. The macho trash talk is to you're liking, I can smell what you're stepping in.

Has nothing to do with macho, it's just not PC, roses and sunshine, some people don't want to hear it but that's just how life goes. Certain types of behavior involve a higher likelihood of certain types of consequences. Doesn't justify what happened, but I have no fuks to give when it comes to drug dealing thieves that assault officers.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with macho, it's just not PC, roses and sunshine, some people don't want to hear it but that's just how life goes. Certain types of behavior involve a higher likelihood of certain types of consequences. Doesn't justify what happened, but I have no fuks to give when it comes to drug dealing thieves that assault officers.

I feel the same way you do. I'll add that when shtuff like this happens, not only does the per get what they deserve, the cops get what they deserve as well.

Dumb fukcer shouldn't have ran and the dumb fukcer shouldn't have shot him. We get 2 idiots off the street.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's an article that truly covers the broad range of issues in play, and not just those that play to the victim:

http://heavy.com/news/2015/04/rober...ahoma-accident-video-volunteer-cop-insurance/

The part that's been missing from pretty much every other article:

Clark old the Tulsa World the team was told that Harris was a convicted felon who had served time in prison for assault and battery on a police officer, had sold methamphetamine to a task force twice in the past week and was to be considered armed and dangerous.

Harris was not armed, but Clark said Harris “was absolutely a threat when going down,” because he hadn’t been searched.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's an article that truly covers the broad range of issues in play, and not just those that play to the victim:

http://heavy.com/news/2015/04/rober...ahoma-accident-video-volunteer-cop-insurance/

The part that's been missing from pretty much every other article:

Clark old the Tulsa World the team was told that Harris was a convicted felon who had served time in prison for assault and battery on a police officer, had sold methamphetamine to a task force twice in the past week and was to be considered armed and dangerous.

Harris was not armed, but Clark said Harris “was absolutely a threat when going down,” because he hadn’t been searched.
Then they shoulda arrested him twice for selling methamphetamine before this incident even happened.

This just shows more guilt, ineptness and culpability by Leo's involved in this. Sounds like they knowingly and willingly put several other officers lives at risk. Sounds like they went from a simple arrest him for selling meth to let's turn this into a big cluster fukc and waste more time and funds. Let's call in some reserve deputies and turn this into a big deal and see what happens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom