Televisions Shows about Firearms.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread about current television shows concerning firearms, self defense ammo and Concealed Carry, so I thought I'd post this for FYI.

Today [Wednesday 3/14/12] on the Outdoor Channel's show 'Shooting Gallery', Micheal Baine is doing some slow motion shooting into Ballistic Gelatin using various rounds to show their effectiveness. Thought some of you might like to watch. The show will repeat several times this evening.

The Federal .410 4 pellet buckshot fired from a Taurus Judge was very impressive. And of course, a DRT round and a 12 gauge Hornady buckshot round created devastating wound channels.

Also, don't forget the show "Best Defense" tonight.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the DRT round actually works? I thought it was a gimmick.

From what I remember, it seemed to have earned its reputation of "Dead Right There' wounding capabiltiy... but I've slept since I saw the show late last night.. so don't hold me to it.

The Corbon DPX [Deep Penetrating] round was pretty impressive too. Solid copper which mushroomed perfectly and had a massive energy dump.

It was surprising that the .223 Rem didn't penetrate wall board / plywood any further than it did.. but makes a heck of a wound channel in gelatin. The .308 darn near blew the gelatin block apart traveling through it... as did the 12 gauge buckshot. The .410 slug didn't look to do any better than a .380 round to me.. which was surprising... In the Judge.. the Federal 4 pellet buckshot or a .45 colt is the only way to go.

The 4 buckshot pellets passed all the way through the gelatin. I don't remember which round it was.. but one went all the way through the gelatin block [making a heck of a hole.. then hit a steel target some 30 feet farther.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. The .410 slug didn't look to do any better than a .380 round to me.. which was surprising... In the Judge.. the Federal 4 pellet buckshot or a .45 colt is the only way to go.
I did a pretty extensive range report on the Taurus Judge, and various ammo a couple of years ago. The standard .410 ammo of any type was pretty weak coming from that 3" barrel. Since they have came out with the new ammo designed for that gun, it has developed into a usable self defense gun. In fact, I have one loaded with the 4 pellet buckshot in the first tube, and .45LC in the next four laying next to me on the nightstand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom