Tell me about the M&P Shield .45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need a .45 in my collection and was thinking about the .45 Shield.

I've owned both the .40 S&W and 9mm Shields, tell me the good, bad and ugly about the .45 ACP model.

Thanks in advance. :thanku:

I really like mine. For my hand, it fits much better than my 9mm Shield. Because of this, I think it is more controllable than the .40 Shields I have shot.

I think it is a better choice than the mini-1911 ultras. I’ve shot it in a couple of classes. Like most guns, I swapped a set of Ameriglos on it the first week I had it.

It has a 2.0 texture and look to it.

I wish S&W would build the exact same size gun in 9mm.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My father has one, it feels good and shoots fine. It just a pain to load. The mag was very difficult to load. Other than that, no complaints.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@okierider has one; I've shot it and like it. I like it much better than the .40 or the 9mm; like madprofessor says, the fit in the hand is the thing. For me, as compared to say...the 9mm, which feels like a slippery banana in the hand.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Shoots well , never an issue, carries easy......... nothing but good to say about thee Shield 45. I did add a little rubber sleeve on it which works well. Recoil is not much different then the 1911!! As far as the mag load goes, Yeti is rite but I have one of the Hilljack loaders that took care of that!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Glockem if you are going to be in the city let me know and I can meet ya at Wilshire Gun and get ya in to shoot mine !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom