Texas House Bill 957

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have friends in TX thumping their chest that state law trumps federal law but like you, they continue to thump their chests without physically challenging the law.
I dont even trust the state to file a petition on my behalf, much less keep stripes off my back. They could, but like a kid bucking up to his/her parents, their finances better be in good enough shape to go on their own for a while haha.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the problem with all these states passing these laws, until the state is willing to prevent and arrest a Federal Agent trying to enforce Federal Gun Laws they are nothing more than feel good measures pandering to the citizenry.

Look at how states have nullified marijuana enforcement through legalization at a state level. It can work if they really want it to , but its going to take not cooperating with Federal authorities

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the problem with all these states passing these laws, until the state is willing to prevent and arrest a Federal Agent trying to enforce Federal Gun Laws they are nothing more than feel good measures pandering to the citizenry.

Look at how states have nullified marijuana enforcement through legalization at a state level. It can work if they really want it to , but its going to take not cooperating with Federal authorities
Yes sir! That's 100% spot on

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I completely agree, but I’m not holding my breath for it to happen. As far as the marijuana laws, I’ve wondered if a person is caught with marijuana on federal land, will the federal law trump the state law? I have a cousin that smokes pot on a regular basis, and he always has some with him. When he rides with me, I stay off federal property because I don’t want to find out the hard way even though he has a medical card. I use the roads on the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge on a regular basis, and it’s been my experience that the law is strictly enforced. My last speeding ticket was about 10 years ago. I was going 48 mph, and the speed limit is 45 mph.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@WoodsCraft is right on point.

The other issue is that Federal law enforcement agencies should be totally and completely dismantled, everybody fired instanter, and start over. The supreme court needs an overhaul and limit the Supremacy and Commerce Clauses as designed by the Constitution. And term limits for the idiots in allegedly elected office.
rant over.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@WoodsCraft is right on point.

The other issue is that Federal law enforcement agencies should be totally and completely dismantled, everybody fired instanter, and start over. The supreme court needs an overhaul and limit the Supremacy and Commerce Clauses as designed by the Constitution. And term limits for the idiots in allegedly elected office.
rant over.

The interstate commerce clause has done more to damage individual freedom than any one thing the Federal government has perpetrated since .

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some here probably do know and many may not, much of the task of enforcing Federal regulations and laws falls to state agencies . A good example in Oklahoma is OHP Troops S, SO and W.

Troop S enforces Federal Motor Carrier Safety and all that good jazz with Interstate and Intrastate Commerce

Troop SO does that Drug interdiction thing

Troop W is or was the Lake Patrol I think now its the marine enforcement unit or whatever they are calling it.

They do the bulk of the Coast Guards work on Oklahoma waterways

Similarly the Okla Dept of Wildlife does enforcement pertaining to Federally regulated game regulations for Ducks as an example.

Everyone one of these entities receive Federal grants to carry out previously mentioned enforcement tasks . Now does anyone really think that OHP or ODWC is going to give up all that sweet Federal grant money ? We are talking millions of dollars a year used to funds everything from cars , to computers to guns and officers salaries ...

I am not gonna hold my breath on this one guys

Latest posts

Top Bottom