Texting While Driving Bill Tabled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
since I drive all day, I see it 100 times a day, I say pass the law.... texting drivers are very dangerous. Either text OR drive, not both.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does the state prove that you committed the offense?

Pretty easy ... if the officer witnesses the driver looking down several times, that's Failure to Pay Attention while Driving. If he sees the phone in their hand, then thats Texting while Driving. Make the texting charge a higher a fine and give them the option to plea to the lesser charge of "Failure to Pay Attention while Driving". If they dont want to take the deal, then subpoena their phone records and match the outgoing text message times with the time the officer witnessed their behavior.

Easy peasy charges easy...

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
since I drive all day, I see it 100 times a day, I say pass the law.... texting drivers are very dangerous. Either text OR drive, not both.
Ban stupid people. Sending a text in a metropolitan 4 or 6 lane free way is obviously stupid. Sending a text on a straight 2 lane highway in flat western oklahoma when you can see 3 miles down the road and 2 behind isn't nearly as stupid. Hell just ban driving all together. That is the common denominator in wrecks. Some are alcohol, some are sleepiness, some are too fast for conditions, some are not yielding, some are from distracted driving (cell phone, putting on make up, eating, sexual related YES it happened). Common denominator was always a motor vehicle. BAN MOTOR VEHICLES!

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ban stupid people. Sending a text in a metropolitan 4 or 6 lane free way is obviously stupid. Sending a text on a straight 2 lane highway in flat western oklahoma when you can see 3 miles down the road and 2 behind isn't nearly as stupid. Hell just ban driving all together. That is the common denominator in wrecks. Some are alcohol, some are sleepiness, some are too fast for conditions, some are not yielding, some are from distracted driving (cell phone, putting on make up, eating, sexual related YES it happened). Common denominator was always a motor vehicle. BAN MOTOR VEHICLES!

If it saves just one life....

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty easy ... if the officer witnesses the driver looking down several times, that's Failure to Pay Attention while Driving. If he sees the phone in their hand, then thats Texting while Driving. Make the texting charge a higher a fine and give them the option to plea to the lesser charge of "Failure to Pay Attention while Driving". If they dont want to take the deal, then subpoena their phone records and match the outgoing text message times with the time the officer witnessed their behavior.

Easy peasy charges easy...
You can't possibly say every single clock is on the same minute. Biggest factor in that however is when not in signal your text is "suspended" until you have signal. Then it sends. Makes as much sense as hauling in all drivers to take a breathlyzer because they left an establishment that serves alcohol and they have a to go drink.

Last edited:

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't possibly say every single clock is on the same minute. Biggest factor in that however is when not in signal your text is "suspended" until you have signal. Then it sends. That makes as man area that has a estauch sense as lets start hauling in all drivers to take a breathlyzer because they left an establishment that serves alcohol.

If Chewbacca can send a text message from Endor, you must acquit!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It should make better sense now. Sometime touch screen phones move the typing cursor on its own. Especially on bumpy roads. ( the last bit is a joke, nobody get there panties in a wad)

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are all gun users unsafe lunatics because of the actions of others? Lets not ban AR 15 because I use mine responsibly.....Lets ban texting because some use theres irresponsibly. That is what I see here from some people.

So by this logic.... drinking and driving should be legal....... because we all know it's the alcoholics that cause the real problems..... and they are in fact the minority. People should be able to drive in an unsafe manner by god. This is 'merica!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom