That time of year again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Controlled hunt apps are open today. Already got mine put in.

I do have one question. I put my wife in for Wichita Mountain Cow hunts. IF she draws will they let me assist and hunt with her? She loves to hunt and has killed elk before, but no way in hell will she go in by herself. She will want me there "guiding" her or she simply won't go.

I got drawn for a cow years ago in that place so I know they shuttle you in and out but I never asked or paid any attention to see if they allowed any helpers in to assist BEFORE the elk hit the ground.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Controlled hunt apps are open today. Already got mine put in.

I do have one question. I put my wife in for Wichita Mountain Cow hunts. IF she draws will they let me assist and hunt with her? She loves to hunt and has killed elk before, but no way in hell will she go in by herself. She will want me there "guiding" her or she simply won't go.

I got drawn for a cow years ago in that place so I know they shuttle you in and out but I never asked or paid any attention to see if they allowed any helpers in to assist BEFORE the elk hit the ground.
IIRC they only allow helpers in once an elk is on the ground.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC they only allow helpers in once an elk is on the ground.
That is my understanding too. I’ve thought about going down just to volunteer as a helper. A guy from work helped his son then got to help and 82 year old gent that downed an elk. Sounded like they always need people.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I guess if she gets drawn I’ll call and if that’s still the same answer she won’t be going! Lol
There are exceptions to the one hunter rule. My buddy drew a bull tag several years ago and an elderly gentleman had a panic attack on the way in. After evacuation to the hospital, he came back for the hunt. At 90 yrs old the guys took him out and helped him get his cow.
If your physically challenged and can't walk in, etc, the ODW will assist you in getting an elk from what I've seen and heard from other hunts.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see it talks about the preference points, but cannot find where you check your points? Also i dont see the results of last years draws, as far as how many hunters and how many kills? Am i missing this stuff somewhere?

edit: i see preference points now, once you click to sign in it shows, but still do not see results of 2018 hunts

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom