The ammunition that has gun owners drooling.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You manufacture this stuff by the ton and sell it at an inflated price courtesy of "drooling" mall ninjas,
and free publicity from the MSM.By the time people go back to Golden Sabers (or similar) you've already made a bundle.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bullets are already lethal, especially if they are well placed. This bullet looks like it would be a big hit among the bangers and casual shooters who want 'the best' and think gear is a replacement for practice.

Jesse Pinkman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://thelibertydigest.com/2014/01/24/the-new-ammunition-that-has-gun-owners-drooling/

They call it the R.I.P. round and with good reason. G2 Research has released a new ammo that is taking the market by storm and has gun owners all over the country trying to find where to pick some up.

As of now, the company is only releasing specifications for their 9mm round and they go a lil’ something like this:

* 16″ Penetration
* Up to 6″ diameter spread
* 96 gr projectile
* 2″ grouping at 25 yrds
* 1265 FPS / 490 Muzzle Energy
* 9 Separate Wound Channels
* Precision Machined
* Solid Copper / Lead Free
* Defeats all known barriers such as sheet metal, sheet rock, windshields, plywood, heavy winter clothing

View attachment 35541

I want some. .40 cal

96 grains at 1265 fps equals 341 foot-pounds of energy, not 490. So right off the bat this sounds like a farce. Also, there are a number of lighter bullet offerings making wild claims like this that are unproven in the real world. If it was a large energy dump round, and could really penetrate 16 inches of ballistic gel, then maybe it would be something new, but so far the claims and numbers don't add up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
don' t flechette rounds have a projectile within the projectile? I don't think this is the same? Do you have a pic of some? I still want some LOL :drooling:

You can buy the flechetts to reload at Sportsmansguide.com .

I will say they were really effective when fired from a 5" howitzer at point blank range.

I don't agree this new round is like them. The concept of multiple wound channels is impressive, but the original M-16 that used a 1-12 twist was designed to make the bullet unstable , and the lack of crimp of the copper jacket at the base allowed the bullet to yaw, and get separation from the jacket/lead core creating multiple wound channels as well. Accuracy at any distance with the .55 grain suffered, and the twist was changed to the 1-8 in the early 70's that stabilized the .55 grain FMJ in use at the time.

The only thing I see is possible feeding issues with the big HP.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about?

TITLE 21 § 1289.19 RESTRICTED BULLET AND BODY ARMOR DEFINED

As used in Sections 1289.20 through 1289.22 of this title and Section 2 of this act:

1. “Restricted bullet” means a round or elongated missile with a core of less than sixty percent (60%) lead and
having a fluorocarbon coating, which is designed to travel at a high velocity and is capable of penetrating body
armor; and

2. “Body armor” means a vest or shirt of ten (10) plies or more of bullet resistant material as defined by the Office
of Development, Testing and Dissemination, a division of the United States Department of Justice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom