The Barn Find 1955 Bel Air

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just from what I can tell from your pics, if there was ever a candidate for a frame off resto, this car would definitely be in the club. I'm thinking of the completeness of original parts, lack of cancer rust and general straightness of the metal here.

Hopefully the inner parts of all the panels still have paint coating to protect, but I'd want to get that "patina" slowed down. Your clear coat plan would go a long ways towards that if the inner surface isn't doing the same thing. But dust/dirt absorbs moisture and nature does what nature does, so I got my doubts. What does the underside and floor panels look like?

But it's still a heckuva find in that condition. It's even a 2 door! :faint:
Here’s some floor pan photos and one of the inner rocker.
IMG_8043.jpeg
IMG_8040.jpeg
IMG_8041.jpeg
IMG_8042.jpeg
IMG_8044.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a great find! I understand your desire to keep it stock, but it would be an easy decision to drop a 350 in the engine compartment with some mods. :hey3:
I'd build the Powerglide or a Turbo 350 and bolt it to a LS crate engine with a Painless wiring harness. It's the easy button to pinning you to the seat back and/or shredding tires. :thumbup3:

ETA: But on the other hand this car would be cool as hell just as it is. Not many this original.

Latest posts

Top Bottom