The Carlos Hathcock Method of Sighting in a Rifle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good story, enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. BTW History channel re-ran a couple of their shows about snipers on yesterday (saturday) Hathcock is part of their shows. I DVR'd them. This story will make them even more interesting to watch.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great read about Carlos! My dad had the honor of attending a sniper school that was lead by him many years ago. Kind of a funny story. A couple of weeks before he left for training, my uncle asked him who was teaching the class. My dad said "some old guy by the name of Hathcock or something like that." My uncle being a military buff, immediately knew who Carlos Hathcock was and thought my dad was just messing with him. After a couple of minutes, he realized that my dad really had no idea who he was. So my uncle went out and bought Carlos' book, Marine Sniper, and gave it to my dad. Needless to say, after he read it, my dad was in awe about who his future trainer would be. If you guys have never read this book, do it!

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great read about Carlos! My dad had the honor of attending a sniper school that was lead by him many years ago. Kind of a funny story. A couple of weeks before he left for training, my uncle asked him who was teaching the class. My dad said "some old guy by the name of Hathcock or something like that." My uncle being a military buff, immediately knew who Carlos Hathcock was and thought my dad was just messing with him. After a couple of minutes, he realized that my dad really had no idea who he was. So my uncle went out and bought Carlos' book, Marine Sniper, and gave it to my dad. Needless to say, after he read it, my dad was in awe about who his future trainer would be. If you guys have never read this book, do it!

Agreed, he actually has two books. Both are VERY good. One of them is more about the awesome shots he took and the other is more about many of his adventures he had in NAM. Go read em, there great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom