The crappy EAA customer service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to hear that about EAA. In 1991 I broke the trigger linkage on a Witness 40 cal, serial #0006XX. When I called EAA (they only had 1 smith at the time) I talked to Paul. When I explained the problem and admitted I was shooting reloads at the time, his only reaction was send it in, marked to my attention. Five days later I got a call from Paul. He said the part had been replaced and that the barrel showed some wear so it had also been replaced. I inquired about total repair cost and was told "No Charge". Three days later I was shooting what appeared to be a new pistol. That was almost 20 years ago and I understand that lots of things change. One thing didn't change, I still shoot the same Witness and have never had another problem. I now have a 10 m/m with a spare top end in 38 super in addition to the original .40. No problems with any of them. That is the reason I hate to hear reports of what was once a great bunch to deal with has changed so much.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paul is apparently the EAA troll in question, according to the thread. The rest of the bunch are great... it's apparently just Paul that's the problem.

Moral of the story: If you call EAA and Paul answers, hang up and call again later.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paul is apparently the EAA troll in question, according to the thread. The rest of the bunch are great... it's apparently just Paul that's the problem.

Moral of the story: If you call EAA and Paul answers, hang up and call again later.

I think I'm going to call EAA and ask for Paul and then hang up. Everyone should do it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surely a smith would be able to tell between a new gun that failed and one that had 30K rounds through it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom