The EDC Flashlight Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Nitecore MT1C ? I am thinking of ordering one and was wanting the pros and cons of it...I have pocket carried a Fenix PD20 and PD22 for the last few years, how does the Nitecore compare to the Fenix ? Thanks Geary

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Nitecore MT1C ? I am thinking of ordering one and was wanting the pros and cons of it...I have pocket carried a Fenix PD20 and PD22 for the last few years, how does the Nitecore compare to the Fenix ? Thanks Geary

That one has been on my list for a while now, but I've got too many in that category, so it's been pushed to the bottom of the list several times.

I really wish it had something like a 40L, 100L, 180L, and 280L kind of settings, but it's supposed to be a pretty awesome flashlight for a sub $40 non-rechargeable torch that can get that close to 300L.

I had a JetBeam BC10 (sold it on here to another member - kind of regret selling it) which is similar (but with only two modes) and now I've got a Sunwayman S10R (which I love).

I haven't even carried any other flashlight for a while now, so that says something about this Sunwayman - I typically rotate them all through, but just haven't felt the need to ever take this S10R out of my pocket.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got the Fenix PD-35. It takes either 2 123 batteries or a single 18650. It's the brightest, smallest and lightest in weight light I've owned so far.

Where was this light back when I was carrying a Streamilght Stinger rechargeable on my gun belt everyday? It's at least half the weight and twice as bright.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently ordered the Maratac AAx2 Tactical for 44.95 at countycomm it should be here friday, so I will post up my impressions after I get it.

[Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image]

High 510 lumens / Medium 95 Lumens / Low 5 lumens mode brightness control (Simple 3 mode switching)

Standard Modes ( Pressing Tail Cap Through Modes )
Runtime High ( 1.5 hours )
Medium ( 10 Hours )
Low ( 200 hours )

Break Away Mode ( 1/4 Turn To The Flashlight Head To Access Strobe or Beacon Modes)
Strobe ( 40 Hours )
Beacon flashes every 3 seconds ( 530 Hours )
Beacon flashes every 1 second ( 170 Hours )

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently ordered the Maratac AAx2 Tactical for 44.95 at countycomm it should be here friday, so I will post up my impressions after I get it.

[Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image]

Get some Lithium AA batteries if you want to get the full potential out of it (also Alkalines will more often corrode/swell when left in an aluminum flashlight housing for a long time).

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That one has been on my list for a while now, but I've got too many in that category, so it's been pushed to the bottom of the list several times.

I really wish it had something like a 40L, 100L, 180L, and 280L kind of settings, but it's supposed to be a pretty awesome flashlight for a sub $40 non-rechargeable torch that can get that close to 300L.

I had a JetBeam BC10 (sold it on here to another member - kind of regret selling it) which is similar (but with only two modes) and now I've got a Sunwayman S10R (which I love).

I haven't even carried any other flashlight for a while now, so that says something about this Sunwayman - I typically rotate them all through, but just haven't felt the need to ever take this S10R out of my pocket.

thanks for the reply....My wife carries a Sunwayman M10R in her purse. After hearing how much you like the S10R, I think I will try one out.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found the Sunwayman S10R for $38 free shipping and the Nitecore MT1C for $32 free shipping, I ordered both since I couldn't make up my mind.

Atta boy! :)

If you tire of that NiteCore, let me know first - I may have just sold a few of my flashlights and am looking for something like that one to replace one of my older ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom