The Gun Confiscation Crusade Begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope your right. I just have a feeling that this time is gonna be different. Like Joe Manchin said, now that trump is president I think we can get some common sense gun regulations passed. He also said that if Trump were president instead of Obama that his bill would have passed. Did you watch the gun discussion the other day? Those democrats were so happy and excited. They have a republican president siding with them on many things. I just hope that Trump gets enough backlash that he backs off and realizes what a predicament he has gotten himself in to.
Its my feeling that he told them to go ahead with gun control legislation on their part because he knows its death at the polls in November.
Smart move I think.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can see that but a lot of people are pissed off that he even said it

These people can't understand that negotiators are working several moves ahead of their opposition in the negotiation. I'd rate Trump as a Game Master with the additional role of Forest Troll, taking down opponents with unsolvable political riddles.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These people can't understand that negotiators are working several moves ahead of their opposition in the negotiation. I'd rate Trump as a Game Master with the additional role of Forest Troll, taking down opponents with unsolvable political riddles.
True, but what is his endgame, and who is he playing for?

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, but what is his endgame, and who is he playing for?

Himself, always. On that point, you can at least call him reliable and faithful.

After a fashion, Dave70968 got it in one post. It does leave the question of what best benefits him and his negotiation goal. Since he's entered the political realm rather than real estate/finance, the best understanding comes from what benefits most politicians - votes/re-election to office/power. I'd say he's fully capable of reading history on the usual result of going contrary to gun owners' interests. His line about "don't be scared of the NRA" was a total throw-away, trolling if you will.

Look at the DACA meeting where the Dems were made to negotiate in public and show their cards without Trump having to ante. The gun meeting was merely another round of that, IMO. That meeting was quickly followed by a meeting with the NRA honchos. As I've read on other gun forums, right now all we have is lots of talk that means nothing. Watch for what is actually done.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
stateofthenation2012.com_wp_content_uploads_2018_03_Screen_Shot_2018_03_01_at_1.43.42_PM.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom