The Highwaymen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if we are going to be comparing acting to the Dirt that Netflix released last week. This is Oscar worthy. I thought the show was pretty good overall. A bit of a slow burn at times. I found some of the near misses odd. Otherwise I thought both main actors did a good job. Near the very end I was thinking man this is a change vs most modern shows where the more gore the better along with no foul language that I can recall. They saved all the gore for the final couple scenes though it still wasn't over the top for what it was.

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it a hit weak on the Bonnie and Clyde story line, for the younger people who may not know about them

Yeah, this one wasn't really intended to be about Bonnie & Clyde at all, but about the Rangers. Maybe it will spur some of them on to research a little ... if any of them really care!

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been to the supposed ambush site. It's just east of Shreveport as I recall. There used to be a
original Colt Monitor at the Davis gun museum. There has been lots theft there. It could be gone by now.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a related note, Mike Rowe covered Hinton (the guy running the Monitor) and Bonnie and the diner in his The Way I Heard It podcast not long ago. Funny how some of this stuff seems to run in batches.

The Range365 article also notes that the Colt Monitor in their picture is on loan to the Texas Rangers Museum from retired Ranger Joaquin Jackson. His first autobiography, One Ranger, is an excellent read.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it was well presented and realistic unlike a lot of movies produced. It kept one's attention and at times riveted to the screen. I wish they would put out more movies as good as this one.
For a day trip or overnight, the Texas Ranger Museum is at-100 Texas Ranger Trail, Waco, TX 76706-I've been thinking about taking a trip and RON at Waco see the museum. It's been said that it is the best display of guns outside of the NRA. Then there is the Buckhorn Museum in San Antonio.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's a great read. The line about 'don't let him get to his trunk' was fantastic.
I actually heard him tell that story on Red Steagall's Cowboy Corner radio show a few years ago. He sounds about like you'd expect an old guard Ranger to sound, and he tells his stories very well.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually heard him tell that story on Red Steagall's Cowboy Corner radio show a few years ago. He sounds about like you'd expect an old guard Ranger to sound, and he tells his stories very well.
He died in 2016, wonder if there is a recorded copy of that show? I'd like to hear it

Latest posts

Top Bottom