The Highwaymen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He died in 2016, wonder if there is a recorded copy of that show? I'd like to hear it
I don't think so. They used to advertise a book of the interview transcripts from the program, and in those ads they said they got lots of requests for recordings of the show, but couldn't provide them because of the legalities surrounding the music in the show.

I wouldn't be shocked to find out that there are bootleg recordings out there, but I couldn't hazard a guess as to where you'd find them.

It wouldn't hurt to contact them, though. I emailed them through Red's Web site a few years ago, and his assistant actually mailed me (as in US Mail) a copy of a poem he'd read on the air. That was pretty cool, I thought.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it was well presented and realistic unlike a lot of movies produced. It kept one's attention and at times riveted to the screen. I wish they would put out more movies as good as this one.
For a day trip or overnight, the Texas Ranger Museum is at-100 Texas Ranger Trail, Waco, TX 76706-I've been thinking about taking a trip and RON at Waco see the museum. It's been said that it is the best display of guns outside of the NRA. Then there is the Buckhorn Museum in San Antonio.
I've been there and agree it's one heck of a gun museum. I think.....one of the guns on display may have been one of Bonny and Clyde's and still has dried blood on it. Some big gangster from the same era if not them. It's been a few years.
Some of the presentation grade 1911's with the engraving are pieces of artwork.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We watched it last night. I thought it was pretty good.
When I was a kid there was a car show in Enid. One of the big draws was supposed to be Bonnie and Clyde’s car. It was the right color and full of bullet holes. I was 9 or 10 at the time and thought it was fascinating.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We watched it last night. I thought it was pretty good.
When I was a kid there was a car show in Enid. One of the big draws was supposed to be Bonnie and Clyde’s car. It was the right color and full of bullet holes. I was 9 or 10 at the time and thought it was fascinating.

HA!!!! Weren't ALL the cars back then painted black? Hard to get the wrong color if that is true.

Any rust around the bullet holes?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOTE="SoonerP226, post:

The Range365 article also notes that the Colt Monitor in their picture is on loan to the Texas Rangers Museum from retired Ranger Joaquin Jackson. His first autobiography, One Ranger, is an excellent read.[/QUOTE]

I saw the interview Jackson did on Texas monthly when he said civilians don't need more than 5 rounds and assault rifles should only be in the hands of military and leo. I lost a lot of respect for him then and voted to have him remove from the nra board. But there is no denying he had a interesting career

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom