The Marlin model 60

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had to replace the tube magazine on your Model 60 because you dented it?

I'm always paranoid about how useful the rifle will be if it gets knocked around too hard.

I'm restoring mine right now and have it all taken apart. It looks like the tube mag is held on by a single role pin through the bracket under the front of the barrel. I'm not entirely sure this is the only thing holding the tube mag to the barrel but it looks this way.

urbanscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle gave me a glenfield 60 that belonged to my dad when I was a kid almost 25 years ago. I sold it during hard times, but always regreted it. I walked into a pawn shop just a month ago to look around and saw a glenfield 60 on a shelf. I bought it and its in my closet waiting to be fixed up.

Any advise on where to go for extra parts or fix up tips for this rifle. Email me if you have some pointers. This is my first fix up.

Thanks.

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Marlin makes a great .22 barrel,way back when before the after market barrels were around fpr the 10/22 and mk1 pistol people were rebarrelling with Marlin barrels with a sleeve to fit the Rugers for sihlouette games.I tried a Walther Barrel and it didnt do any better than the Marlin barrels were doing at the time. Basically I am saying Marlin makes a fantastic barrel.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle gave me a glenfield 60 that belonged to my dad when I was a kid almost 25 years ago. I sold it during hard times, but always regreted it. I walked into a pawn shop just a month ago to look around and saw a glenfield 60 on a shelf. I bought it and its in my closet waiting to be fixed up.

Any advise on where to go for extra parts or fix up tips for this rifle. Email me if you have some pointers. This is my first fix up.

Thanks.

There are quite a few 60 parts on Gunbroker. They are fairly simple inside. What are you needing to do to freshen it up?

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone say Marlin 60...

This is mine, started as a non functioning gift from my neighbor. Fixed the problem, did a little trigger work, lucked into a limited edition Boyds thumbhole stock and yes it will out shoot my 10/22.

Attachments

• Marlin60s.jpg
    Marlin60s.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 239

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much was that stock? I want one!!

Believe it or not, $59.95 unfinished. Problem is Boyds only runs about a hundred at a time and they get sold out withen a couple days of anouncing it on the Boyds web site. I missed the first run but lucked out and was able to get one from the last run.

Couple guys bought them to re-sell on eBay for a higher price. Might be able to find one on eBay if you don't mind buying from a scalper.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm restoring mine right now and have it all taken apart. It looks like the tube mag is held on by a single role pin through the bracket under the front of the barrel. I'm not entirely sure this is the only thing holding the tube mag to the barrel but it looks this way.

I just had my barrel and mag off the body of mine as I refinished it. There is a small roll pin in ring that holds the mag tube in place. Nothing but tension holds the tube into the body.

As for parts, I bought most of mine from Midway, and I picked up the spring I needed from Brownell's, since Midway was back-ordered.

When I finish the stock and get it back together, I'll have to snap a picture or two, I think it's going to come out nicely, especially considering the shape it was in when I got it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom