The Marlin model 60

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a fan of the Marlin 60. Bought mine new six years ago. With moderate use (200-250 rounds / yr) and hardly any cleaning, it has never jammed. They are handy rifles whose accuracy justifies a quality small scope or optic.

Lately I've been wanting a stainless like that one dlbleak stole ($80!), or maybe the snazzy 50th Anniversary 60DLX model:

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/SelfLoading/60DLX.asp

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This evening I was at one of the few Wally Worlds left that still sell guns and they have the stainless 60 with matching scope for a shade over $200. I need to have another look at them to see what the barrel length is. I think they are the 19" model. I sure would like to have one....

jujuboy77

Marksman
Reaction score
my first hunt as a child was with my grandfathers glenfield/marlin 60 now it sets in my safe and i trained my boy with it what kicks me is its the most reliable rifle in my collection! i never "clean it" just oil down its probably 35 years old and never gives me a problem i love taking it out and showing up my buddies with thier 10/22s and such

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a model 60 50th anniversary and I absolutely love that gun. I think it has in the nieghborhood of 30,000 rounds through it and still shoots good. Better hold on to those Marlins since they are not going to be made anymore.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like I'm buying yet another 60 today. I was lucky enough to get one of the limited run thumbhole stocks from Boyds but they are for the newer model 60s. The older models have a different trigger guard. So I'm using it as an excuse to finally get the stainless 60 at Wally World. I have a bit of a surplus of 60s and 75s now. Hoping to build a 75C for my daughter and one for myself then sell off the rest.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 1973 Glenfield model 75. I still think it is a pretty cool gun.

They are sweet little rifles! My brother picked up one for me at a pawnshop. I'm going to make it my daughter's first rifle. I took it out to Red Castle to try it out and the nylon buffer in the action shattered. Replacements are only about $9 so I need to order one.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are sweet little rifles! My brother picked up one for me at a pawnshop. I'm going to make it my daughter's first rifle. I took it out to Red Castle to try it out and the nylon buffer in the action shattered. Replacements are only about $9 so I need to order one.

You might try Outdoor America. I lost the inner tube assembly "I think its called" and took it there. $20 bucks it had a new one and he tighted a few things up. My does not get shot very much because my kids like the 10-22s better and so do I, but it is fun to take out and shoot sometimes. I think it has a special place because it was the first gun I ever shot as a kid. I am sure that is true for alot of people.:goodmorning:

Latest posts

Top Bottom