the news is so ridiculous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Local news, local news paper. Thats the only news. World/National news really doesnt exist, nothing we could do about it anyway.

If ya really wanna laugh flip between Fox and MSNBC. Now thats entertaining.

I don't even trust them getting the real story straight, I mean straight and I know you know what I mean Lurk. It is all of ratings. I quit watching and listening to the big ones on 9-11-01, I saw it then, and so I have been very biased, but aren't we all? I well, being old and getting older am glad to be so because these young ones will have to pay for it, not me.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kicked cable to the curb a few months ago so no news flipping infotainment for me. Local news makes me crazy too. maybe the lesson here is I shouldn't watch the news...

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dumed down? I think we are already there. And getting dumber.

But I'm a little puzzled at your reaction to accurate information being offered on the tube. Un or undercooked pork is dangerous in ways other meats are not. No one is born knowing that, and (see first paragraph above) many haven't learned it.

Trichinosis, which is the special danger, is a worm, and can be deadly. I'll bet the uninformed public (and don't confuse uninformed with stupid) doesn't know that eating undercooked polar bear also includes a high risk of trichinosis. A few arctic explorers learned that the hard way, along with the problem of eating too much polar bear liver--vitamin D poisoning.

Again, nobody knows everything. The boob tube occasionally hits a note of truth. And I don't give a $h!t about who Oprah is talking with or not talking with. I do wish she would send me some of the gigantic amount of money she is worth . . .

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dumed down? I think we are already there. And getting dumber.

But I'm a little puzzled at your reaction to accurate information being offered on the tube. Un or undercooked pork is dangerous in ways other meats are not. No one is born knowing that, and (see first paragraph above) many haven't learned it.

Trichinosis, which is the special danger, is a worm, and can be deadly. I'll bet the uninformed public (and don't confuse uninformed with stupid) doesn't know that eating undercooked polar bear also includes a high risk of trichinosis. A few arctic explorers learned that the hard way, along with the problem of eating too much polar bear liver--vitamin D poisoning.

Again, nobody knows everything. The boob tube occasionally hits a note of truth. And I don't give a $h!t about who Oprah is talking with or not talking with. I do wish she would send me some of the gigantic amount of money she is worth . . .

Well, you could be right since common sense seems to be a genetic trait that the human race is losing, but I think most children & adults would have sense enough not to just bite into a hunk of raw meat, and if they don't then they should suffer the consequences of their actions and just learn the hard way. im not feeling very sympathetic today...

Latest posts

Top Bottom