"The Official 2010-2011 Hunting Season Success Pics"!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first deer with archery gear. El cheapo Jaguar crossbow. 30 yards. She ran 100 yards and pile up. I was pretty happy.

awww.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_xbowreduced.JPG

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good going Chris. Here is mine from this morning. Hadn't been in the stand but about 10 minutes when it walked into the food plot and I had to wait 10 minutes more for it to get light enough to shoot well. Went about 100 yrds. Actually crossed the road I parked on about 50 yrds from my truck and fell dead 50 yards out in a cut corn field on the neighbors. Hit through both lungs but very sparse blood trail. No bleeding at all out exit hole. I think most of the blood came from the mouth. I have heard that 2 blade broadheads are bad about that but this is the first experience I have had like that. I think I am switching to 3 blade heads. I'll use the 2 blades I have on ninja possums.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_IMG_1049.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats imhntn! This trad hunting is no joke!

I missed a doe at 12 yds yesterday. She came in to 5yds before I had even knocked an arrow and sat down in my stand. I rushed to get ready and there she was. A limb was blocking her vitals, but if she moved I would have a good shot. I was staring holes in her side. I guess she heard me move my feet or something (it could have been anything, she was SO dang close. Closer than I like them).

She spooked but didn't blow. She whirled out and stopped at 12 yds on full alert. I know better than to shoot at a deer on full alert, but I did for some reason and her belly was on the ground before my arrow got there. Good thing is I had such good cover and the wind was in my favor she never new where/what I was. Just that she didn't like it.

With my compound I could have drawn when I first saw her and smoked her at first opportunity. This whole drawing at the exact second of your shot opportunity without spooking them is ridiculous. It's a blast though.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I missed my buck Friday morning with the bow - here is my retribution: couple of 12-year-old's kills!

My brother-in-law Saturday morning - HUGE 8-point, 110 yard, neck shot
ai54.tinypic.com_t0j4u0.jpg

And his friend Saturday night - 5-point yearling, 100 yards, neck shot
ai56.tinypic.com_206oe9z.jpg

Marlin XS7y, 7mm-08, 140gn SN, 42.0 4064.

I had both kids practice dry-fire the rifle - they swear it didn't kick, all they saw muzzle flash at the bottom of the scope :teach:

It was awesome to see the kids going from twitching, itching, coughing and moving every 15 seconds - to hunt mode when the deer was in sight :woohoo1:

Latest posts

Top Bottom