The Official Airgun Thread v1.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question...Why would anyone ever want to use a 15mm scope on an airgun or rimfire rifle?

The cost for a much clearer scope is more but not much more, so I was contemplating why some people still use them? I've had air rifles going back to my youth where I used the freebie scopes because it was all I had and the scope came with the gun.

I am not saying that someone would want to put a scope on that cost more than the gun, but even a cheap larger scope is so much easier to see through than one of those little scopes.

I think if it was a size issue, even a 20mm scope is still a HUGE step up from those el cheapo 15mm scopes.

Last edited:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what an old thread .. was thinking of buying the performance center .45 that's been listed sometime.

but a deal popped up on 31 antique airguns. there went my firearm budget :D
talk about a boat load of incoming work resealing, re-valving, etc.
which has to be done if say a Sheridan blue streak has not been stored with 3-4 pumps before putting away. etc etc

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what an old thread .. was thinking of buying the performance center .45 that's been listed sometime.

but a deal popped up on 31 antique airguns. there went my firearm budget :D
talk about a boat load of incoming work resealing, re-valving, etc.
which has to be done if say a Sheridan blue streak has not been stored with 3-4 pumps before putting away. etc etc

Very nice score...If you are into the older guns and especially repair, I highly recommend this guy's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/nibstools
It was nice to read the second reply to this forum today.

RIP

I have added a few Red Ryders to my collection as well. I scoped one and it makes for a fun challenge at range.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This video is more about the FX M3 air rifle than it is about the Anschutz. The Anschutz was only a one day loaner and the shooter on the FX M3 has had a lot of time on it.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
some folks don't realize trigger time on airguns are transferable to firearms.
for instance deer hunting can involve split second decisions. muscle memory very much makes a difference.

a solid exercise for off hand shooting an air rifle .. from the moment you sight a target. count one thousand one, one thousand two .. pop

now do that say ten thousand times .. with a high quality air rifle with trigger set, identical pull of your deer rifle .. say 1lb 8oz or what ever.

you cannot help but improve ..

1661021554706.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom