The official quality budget AR optics thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...and we're back on-track.

I've owned 2 EOTechs and 3 Aimpoints, this isn't a thread about what optic is better, just one about budget optics (<$300 for the most part) that are actually worth purchasing and the pros/cons of them (in order to help those who might want to pick up a RDS/low-power etched glass optic for their AR, but don't want to spend a fortune).

I see a lot of new folks to the AR world waste money on optics that are junk, so I was hoping this thread would serve as a guide to anyone looking for guidance on cheap, but worth the money (if you're an active-duty military/LEO/Armed Security for one of the nations largest retail shopping centers... this thread probably isn't for you).

To me, the "Quality Budget Optic" is one that could withstand an entire Magpul/TDSA/USSA 1000rd class with no issues and keep on working for the occasional range-shooter. Not looking for something that is indestructible, just something that will outlive the average AR shooter's expectations if they shoot more than 1000 rounds in a year.

Kurt - sorry man, I was thinking Practical Carbine match and typing 3-gun. I realize the two aren't interchangeable, but I wasn't aware that red-dots weren't allowed until recently (if I'm reading your post correctly).

Liliysdad - I get where you're coming from man, but I'm not saying that any of the above optics are bullet-proof. I also listed the Sparc specifically because of your earlier post in the other thread:

I have run the Vortex Sparc, and I really dont think there is a better optic made in that price range. I destroyed one, but it involved an eight foot wall, full tac gear, and a short fat man.

CAR - thanks for the link, I'll add it to the list.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I meant make and addendum to statement, after I destroyed the second one in a much less stressful environment, but I couldn't find the thread.

I like the SPARC, and was willing to endorse it after the first one. Then I did it again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom