THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL WANENMACHER GUN SHOW THREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a great time. Sold the wife’s stoeger condor for a fair to me price and my cousin was able to get some much needed cash for his 1903 MK1 Springfield. Didn’t find anything I could t live without but I did get to fondle probably 200 SxS that wanted to come home and be hung over my mantle. A few 10 gauges got real close

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went back on Sunday and stayed about another three hours. Total for the show was two geode stones (for grand kids), one tin of Remington #10 percussion caps, one pound of "black powder" , one "like new' 1861 Colt brand 3rd gen Navy black powder pistol (.36 cal) with box and sleeve and paperwork. I offered $100 less than asking for the Colt and the guy accepted it on Sunday - so one can negotiate (wish I'd low-balled more). Kicking my butt at passing up a S&W Model 1 1/2 .32 rimfire 5-shot revolver I saw on the way out Sunday for $300 - conversation piece (I believe Wild Bill had one on him when shot).

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went Saturday, seems like so e of the vendors had a helluva party Friday night before they p iced so e of their stuff. Kinda off putting when they don't bother changing the ticket and just scribble a price put with sharpie and add 300.00 to the price.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely not the show it was 10+ years ago which is sad to me. Lots of interesting old weapons and reproductions to be seen. TOPS knives had a nice display of their products. I didn’t see as many of the vendors with surplus military parts that I was use to seeing in the past. I wished I’d had more time to spend walking around.

RVCooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went both days and walked the whole shebang. The stupid-high prices
really put me off. I saw very few guns under a grand that were worth looking at.
Saw 2 I.H. garands for close to 2k and some pretty sad Springfields which started at 1250.
H&R for about 1400.
The ammo deals are done for good, it looks like. Those prices can be matched
or even beat just about any day of the week around town.
I did manage to score a very cool Fink holster for my CMP Ithaca,
so that was the one bright spot.
I went early Sunday since I know the vendors bail about 1:30 but they've
upped that to shortly after noon now, looks like. That's crap if you ask me.
All in all, just doesn't have the excitement for me that it used to and if I didn't live close I'm not sure I'd go anymore. And for something different, here's a picture of Samson.

Attachments

• 20221113_140132.jpg
    20221113_140132.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221113_175101.jpg
    20221113_175101.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went both days and walked the whole shebang. The stupid-high prices
really put me off. I saw very few guns under a grand that were worth looking at.
Saw 2 I.H. garands for close to 2k and some pretty sad Springfields which started at 1250.
H&R for about 1400.
The ammo deals are done for good, it looks like. Those prices can be matched
or even beat just about any day of the week around town.
I did manage to score a very cool Fink holster for my CMP Ithaca,
so that was the one bright spot.
I went early Sunday since I know the vendors bail about 1:30 but they've
upped that to shortly after noon now, looks like. That's crap if you ask me.
All in all, just doesn't have the excitement for me that it used to and if I didn't live close I'm not sure I'd go anymore. And for something different, here's a picture of Samson.
Yep. Everything is $1000 plus now, except budget ARs

And yeah, the pack up is crazy.
This is basically a Sat only show now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom