The reddog has infected me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They also hire felons...

http://articles.cnn.com/2004-02-05/...hecks-homeland-security-subcommittee?_s=PM:US

In the rush to hire more than 55,000 airport baggage screeners, the Transportation Security Administration swept up a few people that didn't belong in security positions, according to the inspector general of the Department of Homeland Security.

Among them, some 85 screeners had felony convictions, 503 failed to disclose an arrest or conviction, and 338 had financial or similar disqualifying problems, according to Inspector General Clark Kent Ervin.

Altogether, some 1,208 of the original 55,600 new screeners were hired inappropriately, and have since been terminated for cause, Ervin said.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thank you for the article. As a Deaf person I'm upset of the treatment toward the deaf. But just so you know. It is not only TSA agents but many members of our society make fun of our speech and who we are. Being Deaf is no fun. Much of our entertainment is not geared toward the Deaf.I miss music, TV is not as exciting, Movies do not provide closed captions so that I can know the dialogue. I go with my wife and grandchildren but they are not fun. even though I'm a speech reader I miss about 75% of what you say and either have to ask you to repeat it or guess what you said. This is not just a TSA thing but it is part of our society that we make fun of the handicapped. If you are handicapped you learn early to be tough.Otherwise you would cry each night about how you are treated by many people.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for the article. As a Deaf person I'm upset of the treatment toward the deaf. But just so you know. It is not only TSA agents but many members of our society make fun of our speech and who we are. Being Deaf is no fun. Much of our entertainment is not geared toward the Deaf.I miss music, TV is not as exciting, Movies do not provide closed captions so that I can know the dialogue. I go with my wife and grandchildren but they are not fun. even though I'm a speech reader I miss about 75% of what you say and either have to ask you to repeat it or guess what you said. This is not just a TSA thing but it is part of our society that we make fun of the handicapped. If you are handicapped you learn early to be tough.Otherwise you would cry each night about how you are treated by many people.

That sucks Stan. People just suck in gerneral.

Latest posts

Top Bottom