Driving through geese.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't agree with this one guys. They're birds and they're blocking traffic. I'm not stopping for an animal and locking up 20 cars behind me. Move or get moved.
They'll make more geese. They don't make more time. I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep.

I agree with Two shoots comment above.
The geese could have moved. They could have flapped their wings and been out of the way in just a second.

You guys seem really upset that a guy ran over a couple of geese when the geese had every opportunity to get out of the way. Yet you same guys probably don't have any reservations about getting dressed in all camo, hiding in the grass and shooting the same geese with your shotguns and watching them fall out of the air.

I would disagree with the both of you.

The guy did not slowly go through them to allow them them to move. He arbitrarily killed them. My brothers and I were taught to not kill arbitrarily.

Reminds of a long ago ATV ride in Arkansas that we met with a group from Tulsa. One of the gents from Tulsa was leading part of the ride and he arbitrarily went off trail to run down a possum. My younger brother beat his ass so bad he could not continue to ride and went back to camp and went home. It was a different time back then, but still the principle still applies.

Needlessly killing deserves such ramifications.

Last edited:

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys seem really upset that a guy ran over a couple of geese when the geese had every opportunity to get out of the way. Yet you same guys probably don't have any reservations about getting dressed in all camo, hiding in the grass and shooting the same geese with your shotguns and watching them fall out of the air.
Mixing apples and oranges.

Ones legal one isn’t. Both heavily regulated.

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with Two shoots comment above.
The geese could have moved. They could have flapped their wings and been out of the way in just a second.

The difference is a Hunter would kill during hunting season, not breeding season. A hunter would humanely kill the injured geese, take them home, and clean and store the meat. Otherwise, this was wanton waste of natural resources.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the college campus where I work, we have two ponds that are home to about 10 adult geese and 12 or so baby geese. My favorite part of the day is just after 6am when they are all out and about trying to rustle up some breakfast.

I'll sit and watch em and sometimes bring em some bread from hime. The babies are so gotdamned ugly, they're actually cute. I don't see how anyone with a conscious could do what that prick in the video did. :pissed:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hit a raccoon on highway 169 in Tulsa at 0600 one morning. I was doing about 80 and it looked like he flashed across in front of me at about 25.

He didn’t make it.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a lot of local sandhill cranes that do not migrate. If the cranes are standing in the road, under a tree, you can barely see them. I've come close to running over a family of three several times.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a Grand Prix hit a 1500 lbs black Brahma bull at about 75 mph one night on highway 412. The bull rolled over the car smashing the windshield, the roof, the back window and trunk lid.

He then got up and started snorting at folks who stopped to check out the accident.

That was not pretty.

Animals should learn not to stand in the road.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ran over an alien family one time.
IMG_4868.jpeg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a Grand Prix hit a 1500 lbs black Brahma bull at about 75 mph one night on highway 412. The bull rolled over the car smashing the windshield, the roof, the back window and trunk lid.

He then got up and started snorting at folks who stopped to check out the accident.

That was not pretty.

Animals should learn not to stand in the road.

That would be nice! I cut a deer horn off a dead deer inside a car that impaled in a guys chest. While doing so, the guy stated “Why the hell don’t they stay off the road” Haaaa!

Latest posts

Top Bottom