The Rodney King L.A. Riots, 20 years later...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a difference between demonstrating and rioting... in my opinion, rioters should get gassed and arrested. The ones attacking innocents in the streets should be shot.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To call rioters "Rodney King supporters" is a bit disingenuous. They seemed more interested in supporting chaos.
This is spot on! I do not recall seeing to many angry rioters in the news casts during those riots. Mostly what you saw were a bunch of folks laughing and smiling while stealing other folks stuff and destroying others property.
I believe it was a case where a majority of people were taking advantage of the anger of a small group and using the cover of that anger as an excuse to have a good time at the expense of others.

Michael

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am curious as to why the rioters went after the Vietnamese stores?? I remember vietnamese standing ontop their stores just shooting away..

It was simply about race at that point. I think there was a lot of pent up tension between the Vietnamese and Black community before that, and the riots basically gave people a cart blanche to attack anything not Black.

Slightly different topic, but I heard an interview with one of the local news helicopter pilots here in OKC a year or two ago. One of his first helicopter jobs was for a station in LA during the riots, and he said there were so many helicopters flying around, when he spoke with ATC they basically told him he was on his own as far as avoidance with the other helicopters went.

djones69

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was simply about race at that point. I think there was a lot of pent up tension between the Vietnamese and Black community before that, and the riots basically gave people a cart blanche to attack anything not Black.

Slightly different topic, but I heard an interview with one of the local news helicopter pilots here in OKC a year or two ago. One of his first helicopter jobs was for a station in LA during the riots, and he said there were so many helicopters flying around, when he spoke with ATC they basically told him he was on his own as far as avoidance with the other helicopters went.
koreans not vietnamese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom