The Vetting: Obama Has Demagogued Guns, from 2000 to Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I understand why some would think the libs as un American. When you try to fundamentally change what has been traditional values in America for a lot of years, then yes I could see where someone would say it's unAmerican. Marriage statutes, military membership, personal liberties, health care among other things have values entrenched for decades and now all of a sudden there are those that want to change the status quo and people that have fought for and lived by those values are just suppose to roll over and like it? Some of these values are what our founding fathers based this country on and now it's not politically correct to have those values because it may offend someone that has come to this country in the last year. Yeah, I can see where folks could get upset! At what point is accomendating rolling over and kissing the values that made this country the one that everybody wants to come to goodbye?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand why some would think the libs as un American. When you try to fundamentally change what has been traditional values in America for a lot of years, then yes I could see where someone would say it's unAmerican. Marriage statutes, military membership, personal liberties, health care among other things have values entrenched for decades and now all of a sudden there are those that want to change the status quo and people that have fought for and lived by those values are just suppose to roll over and like it? Some of these values are what our founding fathers based this country on and now it's not politically correct to have those values because it may offend someone that has come to this country in the last year. Yeah, I can see where folks could get upset! At what point is accomendating rolling over and kissing the values that made this country the one that everybody wants to come to goodbye?

Pretty much where I stand too. I guess I'm just not "progressive" or "open-minded" enough to be really cool and hip.

F

fredkrueger

This is why I said what I did. It was not to run people down and think that I am more of an American than them. It has nothing to do with what political party you are associated with. I don't play that crap like some people do. I believe in what this country was founded on. And if someone doesn't then they are anti-America. I don't know how else to put it. I am a Christian and believe that marriage is between a man and a woman and I am against abortion. I am also for the 2A. I also believe wholly in the constitution. And from the things that Obama has done and wants to do he is not what an American should be. I don't know how people cannot see that. I am not spoon fed by the media either. I don't even watch what the media says anymore because everything that comes out of it is crap. Just like the stuff that is being said about so called assault weapons being so bad. And the only reason I know about that is because it is plastered on my home page every time I get on the internet. I know exactly what an American is about. I served this country honorably for 6 years. And speaking of being spoon fed. Maybe the reason you are getting so worked up is because you have been spoon fed by Obama and his bunch.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I know is that if Numbnuts get elected again this song will have a whole new meaning. Hell, one could argue it now....

Last edited by a moderator:

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is why I said what I did. It was not to run people down and think that I am more of an American than them. It has nothing to do with what political party you are associated with. I don't play that crap like some people do. I believe in what this country was founded on. And if someone doesn't then they are anti-America. I don't know how else to put it. I am a Christian and believe that marriage is between a man and a woman and I am against abortion. I am also for the 2A. I also believe wholly in the constitution. And from the things that Obama has done and wants to do he is not what an American should be. I don't know how people cannot see that. I am not spoon fed by the media either. I don't even watch what the media says anymore because everything that comes out of it is crap. Just like the stuff that is being said about so called assault weapons being so bad. And the only reason I know about that is because it is plastered on my home page every time I get on the internet. I know exactly what an American is about. I served this country honorably for 6 years. And speaking of being spoon fed. Maybe the reason you are getting so worked up is because you have been spoon fed by Obama and his bunch.

Whoa there, I'm on your side on most of these points and not a Obama fan by any stretch of the immagination. I'm just replying to the folks that seem to want to run down the others that share the opinion that some of this "Progressive Thinking" is harmful to this country. If this country became great based on certain ideas and values, those values shouldn't change over the course of history just because Hollywood or New York City and the rest of the free thinkers say it should change. Or that immigrants should not expect the citizens to change to their thinking or the immigrant is insulted. Good morals and good values have and will always stand the test of time. It's when morals and values become corrupt and neglected that a society begin to errode from within. It always seems to me that history of a great country goes something like this. Hardworking people that believe in a cause risk life and limb to make a great society. They prosper and the rest of the world wants to become apart of it. Some tolerance of new people is at first a good thing, expanding the knowledge and thinking of the great land. Then the lazy illuminated thinkers that don't care for all the burdons of rules, values and moralistic living come to be. At first it's leave us alone to do our thing and then goes to you all should change to accept us and join in on our debauchery and finally to the point where they make so much noise the masses actually start to believe the loud minority have become the majority. The great society is ruined, no one can stand the once great land and it collapses in on itself or is taken over by the next great society.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Freddy, your saying if someone disagrees with what you believe, then they are anti American. For example you say you believe in what this country was founded on. Do you think the founders all aggreed? They didnt. They actually debated and argued. Thats how they came to a consensus.

Your skipping the debate and saying if they dont believe or think what you think then they are anti American.
Serving 6 years honorably doesnt make you more American than someone who didnt. Serving 6 yrs doesnt mean that you know more about what it takes to be an American. If it did then I would be more American than you, because I served 8 yrs honorably.

Like you I believe in the Constitution, like you I support the 2A. Im certain we disagree about marriage and abortions, but because I think the Constitution protects individual libertys, that opposes your Christian beliefs, you would call me anti American?

I never get worked up over politics, i enjoy a good debate or argument. I dont question a persons loyalty to our government because they hold different beliefs politically or socially.

Maybe you should re-think what is anti American.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what you mean.
Traditionally, only white males who owned land were allowed to vote.

This country just hasn't been the same since passage of the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 19th amendments.
Damn progressives tinkering with the constitution.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know what you mean.
Traditionally, only white males who owned land were allowed to vote.

This country just hasn't been the same since passage of the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 19th amendments.
Damn progressives tinkering with the constitution.

Let's see, country founded on the premise of Christian based morals, even put "In God We Trust" all over the place, statues, buildings, heck even on our money. So that would lead me to one of two conclusions, 1- It was important to them or 2- There was a shrewd business man who had the patent to In God We Trust and made a killing. Let's go with #1. Skip fwd a few hundred years and now people are getting their nickers all knotted up over that same phrase being anywhere within 5 miles of anything .gov and want to take it off our money even. That's the kind of change in basic thinking that I oppose from the "tinkerers". I do believe in personal freedoms and the right to vote for citizens of the US. I support your right to have a differing opinion, but I don't like it when some one gives their opinion and they get derided for expressing thier opinion.
I know America and the government has not been perfect in it's treatment of all people and I do congradulate those who have strived and bled to change that. But, why do you all who want to fundamentally change America think was so wrong with America? If it was so bad before, how was it that so many wanted to come here, how was it that so many have voluntarily fought for this country. Why change it's core to something that people have run from in other countries?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Byrd,

You need a history lesson. The "in god we trust" argument is a very weak argument, and your logic flawed.

If you could skip back a few hundred years, "in god we trust" wouldnt be on money or buildings. That didnt happen until the 1950's under Eisenhower.

I do understand the point your trying to get across, that our values have changed over the years. That the path were on will lead to the degrading of the U.S.

Theres a term for what your saying. Its called Cultural/Social Evolution. Societies evolve its a fact. Christian ideals evolve, conservative ideals evolve, liberal ideals evolve. Even the founders ideals evolved.

Generally speaking, you will either evolve or change with the times, or you wont.

Somewhere along the way youve got the Idea, that we have drasticly evolved or forced change down your throat. When in fact, its a natural progression your witnessing, during your lifetime.

So to answer your question as to whats wrong with America. Its that a few people, have to drag alot of people, who are kicking and screaming, along Americas journey forward.:P

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
byrd, i agree with you 100%. WHY do we need to become europe? immigrants wanted to come here for the same reasons that made the USA great.i guess the progressives will solve the immigration problem without even trying!

Latest posts

Top Bottom