The White River in Arkansas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to go to Bull Shoals every summer as a kid and we'd always take one day to go to the White River to swim and catch crawdads. The water was always pretty shallow and we'd use the rocks as water slides. Then we'd catch the craw dads by hand to use on out jug lines at the lake. It was a beautiful place.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I love that place! First fall I can remember that I haven't made it over for a few days. Really sad to hear of Mr. Gaston's passing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Gastons passing is likely the possible end of Gastons greatness. His only child, a son, got mixed up in drugs, and committed suicide awhile back. The wife is the only owner now, and she has turned it over to some new managers. The Restaurant has been getting less than stellar reviews although our Sunday Brunch there was excellent. The property is now over 300 acres, the grass runway is over 3000' now under Mr Gastons leadership, but the locals we talked to said service is falling, and the visitors are too.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More's the pity. I've never stayed at Gaston's--we always camped in the park--but I always wanted to.

The trout won't know the difference, though, and that's the real reason to go.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try and go to Gastons every year with OPA (Oklahoma Pilots Association). Always have a good time. Got a cool video of a Mooney flying by last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More's the pity. I've never stayed at Gaston's--we always camped in the park--but I always wanted to.

The trout won't know the difference, though, and that's the real reason to go.

Truff.

I try and go to Gastons every year with OPA (Oklahoma Pilots Association). Always have a good time. Got a cool video of a Mooney flying by last year.

Lots of interesting planes flying in there, especially on weekends. While fishing on the river, we are right in the landing and takeoff pattern.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom