Theatre shooting in Lafayette, LA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Theaters - another place where firearms are almost always forbidden, by the management if not by the state.
Another reason to ignore the signs, at least here in OK, where it's legal to do so.

/ \
|
|
|
+1

Also, another reason to sit in the back row.
And know where the secondary exits are. In a panic situation, almost everyone is going to try to go OUT the same way they came IN.
Very few will think about the other exits.

Dave

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Theaters - another place where firearms are almost always forbidden, by the management if not by the state.

Another reason to ignore the signs, at least here in OK, where it's legal to do so.
Also the reason why the majority of my movie money goes to The Warren. They only prohibit open carry.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I won't step foot in the theatre without my pistol. Ain't gonna happen. Sad this happened but nothing new. It will be ran into the ground and the libs will have a field day with it. I'm surprised Obama hasn't already been on tv talking about how we need more strict gun laws and whatnot. But I am sure it will happen. I already read a report where he supposedly bought the gun "legally".

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to a movie theater is a rarity for me. When I do go, it's usually an epic level flick for dudes. Therefore I go armed, with a bunch of my armed shooting buddies. Woe be unto the nutjob that picks that showing to open up on!

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not trying to make light of the situation but I guess the shooter didn't see the "no guns allowed". Hope these other businesses see that their feeble attempts to keep their customers "safe" is doing just the opposite but sadly that will not be reported on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a little confused on things here. I've seen one article that said he "legally purchased" the gun from a pawn shop, yet I've seen several articles that mentioned an involuntary commitment for mental health, as well as an arson arrest and a DV arrest (that later got dropped?). I thought an involuntary commitment put no on the no-buy list? Curious to hear more about that.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a little confused on things here. I've seen one article that said he "legally purchased" the gun from a pawn shop, yet I've seen several articles that mentioned an involuntary commitment for mental health, as well as an arson arrest and a DV arrest (that later got dropped?). I thought an involuntary commitment put no on the no-buy list? Curious to hear more about that.
I think his family put him in the mental hospital, rather than being sent by a judge.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Just because he passed the background check doesn't mean the purchase was legal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom