Theatre shooting in Lafayette, LA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a little confused on things here. I've seen one article that said he "legally purchased" the gun from a pawn shop, yet I've seen several articles that mentioned an involuntary commitment for mental health, as well as an arson arrest and a DV arrest (that later got dropped?). I thought an involuntary commitment put no on the no-buy list? Curious to hear more about that.

I think his family put him in the mental hospital, rather than being sent by a judge.
Yes, you have to be adjudicated mentally defective.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to make light of the situation but I guess the shooter didn't see the "no guns allowed". Hope these other businesses see that their feeble attempts to keep their customers "safe" is doing just the opposite but sadly that will not be reported on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Many businesses are required by their insurance company to post a gun buster sign for liability. They consider it liability management. What we need is a law that states if you post a property no guns allowed then the business owner / insurance company is liable for the safety of those on the property.

colb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know Harkins (Bricktown) official stance on firearms, but I've open carried into that theater 3 times, and it's been a non issue. I did not see any postings about weapons, so I assume they allow it.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't know Harkins (Bricktown) official stance on firearms, but I've open carried into that theater 3 times, and it's been a non issue. I did not see any postings about weapons, so I assume they allow it.
Glad to see it was a non-issue but they do have "no weapons" or may be a gun buster, i cant remember, posted by the ticket office. I have CCd in Harkins a couple of times anyway. We walk the canal several times a week so I will look again the next time we are down there. Like others have said, I do not go to the movies un-armed.

colb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to see it was a non-issue but they do have "no weapons" or may be a gun buster, i cant remember, posted by the ticket office. I have CCd in Harkins a couple of times anyway. We walk the canal several times a week so I will look again the next time we are down there. Like others have said, I do not go to the movies un-armed.

It must have been really small. Because I looked for one, before entering. Then again, I only checked the doors.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Also my choice when going to the Harkins when I lived in OKC. It's now my choice when going to AMC Southroads here in Tulsa. Concealed means nobody has to get their shorts in a knot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom