There is still some hope…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my daughter’s softball teammates was offered a full scholarship to a Christian university last night. The coach called her during her school ball game last night to extend the offer. What was interesting was that at the end of his spiel, he said, “Let’s get one thing straight right now. If you believe in all of that liberal ********, there is no need for you to come play for me.”

Her response…. ”I am full blown Republican. No worries there.”

He then said, “Welcome to the team.”

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ill-take-things-that-didnt-happen-for-500-alex.jpg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have any reason to lie about it. The parents had the phone on speaker during the call so they could hear what the coach was offering. Mom, dad, stepdad, brother and player were all huddled around the phone while several of us was standing next to them.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great, I am sure you are proud. Might be even somewhat relieved with the current crap going on. I can understand if you would hesitate to post which school, but I think we need a "Sticky" of Oklahoma Colleges (if there are any) schools, businesses, and other entities that are open to sharing they have this same kind of common sense attitude. I have seen a list in the past, but it was mostly national companies.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great, I am sure you are proud. Might be even somewhat relieved with the current crap going on. I can understand if you would hesitate to post which school, but I think we need a "Sticky" of Oklahoma Colleges (if there are any) schools, businesses, and other entities that are open to sharing they have this same kind of common sense attitude. I have seen a list in the past, but it was mostly national companies.
I will say this was NOT an Oklahoma school. She really wanted to go to OSU but they would never commit on $$$.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my daughter’s softball teammates was offered a full scholarship to a Christian university last night. The coach called her during her school ball game last night to extend the offer. What was interesting was that at the end of his spiel, he said, “Let’s get one thing straight right now. If you believe in all of that liberal ********, there is no need for you to come play for me.”

Her response…. ”I am full blown Republican. No worries there.”

He then said, “Welcome to the team.”

My only question as to the veracity of this story is that the coach used a curse word but is with a Christian school.

Latest posts

Top Bottom