Thermal Optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Look at a Bering Hogster, you will NOT beat this scope for the price range you are looking at.
Most Hogsters are over $2k by a bit and they're about the same performance as AGM.
And, there aren't any in stock anywhere.
I don’t know anything about it, but I understand that Sightmark is now making a Wraith thermal that supposed to be a good value.
I linked this earlier, post #6. It uses a ULIS detector (made in France) which is the same company that provides detectors for Pulsar. Good sensor. How the rest of the sight holds up for $2k remains to be seen, but my buddy says it really good. ULIS is now Lynred. Don't know how much is made in China if anything more than the electronics.

Last edited:

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you buy the sightmark wraith, you’ll end up selling it and buying a thermal anyway. That’s what I did. Target acquisition is 1000x’s faster with a thermal than digital night vision, and the thermal is considerably lighter as well. That wraith is like having a brick atop your rifle.

I have an AGM Rattler TS25-384. They’re fantastic for the price. Like you, I don’t use it for long range stuff, just keep everything within 150 yards or so. I’ve also dealt with their customer service a few times (while updating firmware) and you won’t be disappointed there either. I’ve experienced excellent customer service with their company. This picture is from anout 125-150 yards
IMG_8690.jpg

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the crummy picture, it’s a picture of my sons laptop screen 🤣

If I had the money, I’d buy a Super Yoter and go on with life. Momma (AKA my finance department) wouldn’t be very happy with me though…..

One thing you may or may not consider with a thermal: after you buy a thermal scope, scouting will never be the same again. It’s pretty addicting to look at deer with a thermal, and the AGM thermals come with a fantastic quick release mount, so they can be removed from a gun and used as a spotter.

Last edited: