They call us “The Elderly”.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a wonderful time it was being a kid and growing up in the 60s and 70s. Best toys, best cars, best music... I wouldn't change it for anything.

Isn't that the truth!

And the really funny (or sad, depends on which day you catch me) the vast majority of us are gonna live to see our 80s and 90s, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. 🤷🤷

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the insane national debt ;)
And divorce, destruction of the family, mainstreaming homosexuality, media control, uncontrolled immigration, feminism, leftism, and destroying the entire economy so they wouldn't catch a cough.

Some of you are all right, but by in large the worst, most selfish generation in history.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
And divorce, destruction of the family, mainstreaming homosexuality, media control, uncontrolled immigration, feminism, leftism, and destroying the entire economy so they wouldn't catch a cough.

Some of you are all right, but by and large the worst, most selfish generation in history.
You speak millennial. The age of excuse makers and few actual doers. I call it the I can't generation. Some actually put their feet on the ground and make their way in the world but a much smaller percentage it seems. By the way, get off my lawn. 😜

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You speak millennial. The age of excuse makers and few actual doers. I call it the I can't generation. Some actually put their feet on the ground and make their way in the world but a much smaller percentage it seems. By the way, get off my lawn. 😜
I'm gen X, we grew up in your wake resulting in the highest rates of suicide and substance abuse of any generation. We raised ourselves while boomers partied, they got "free love" we got AIDS. Millennials are crap because they were raised by boomers to think they were special. Gen X hated the boomers before it was cool.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm gen X, we grew up in your wake resulting in the highest rates of suicide and substance abuse of any generation. We raised ourselves while boomers partied, they got "free love" we got AIDS. Millennials are crap because they were raised by boomers to think they were special. Gen X hated the boomers before it was cool.
I guess I'm a square. I never partied or got free love. I worked from 15 1/2 to 55 and a few part time gigs off and on since. I don't know any boomers who partied or got free love either. Must have ran with the wrong crowd. I've found people of all ages have free will to decide what to do in their lives. Some are more challenged than others due to circumstances beyond their control. I grew up the oldest of 4 kids with a pain med addicted mother 4 houses from the tracks. I've done ok for myself but would still like to try that free love thing while I can still cut the mustard.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My gen X’rs didn’t get raised that way. They got taught to work, be respectful and learned that work/education was the way to success. They never got a handout or a free ride. Maintain your grades and we go race moto-x on the weekend. Don’t keep the grades up, you stay home.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We were at the credit union the other day and Grumpy asked the kid for a new check register. Poor kid knew WHAT he was talking about but couldn't figure out where they were. Grumpy had already kinda spooked him because he was torqued at me and so ... Was being ... Yep!! You guessed it ... GRUMPY! 😾 😾 😾 LOL I could hear the girl showing him where stuff was say "These are some thing our older members still use." I said "Yep! We're BOOMERS!!" She got embarrassed and he laughed even though he tried not to. Grumpy went to the truck. 😂😂😂😂 I told the kid not to sweat it, that Grumpy was mad at me, not him, and he was doing fine for someone who had just started there. He was like "Oh thank GOD! I thought it was me!" 😂😂😂 I told him when he was my age and the kids were making fun of him being an old, outta touch fart, to remember to wear his label PROUDLY to which he agreed and said "I'm not gonna lie -- you kinda caught me off guard! I thought I was gonna get an ass-chewing when I came back around here." 😂😂😂😂 It was hysterical!

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just want to go on record as a Gen X saying I didn't get the AIDS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom