They call us “The Elderly”.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And divorce, destruction of the family, mainstreaming homosexuality, media control, uncontrolled immigration, feminism, leftism, and destroying the entire economy so they wouldn't catch a cough.

Some of you are all right, but by and large the worst, most selfish generation in history.
Someone needs to remember to take his meds.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read somewhere that if someone bought 100 shares of Walmart stock at the ipo, they would be well into 7 figures these days if cashing out.
10k $ of Microsoft when they were looking for money pre ipo would have made you one of the richest people in the world. Wish I could convert hindsight into foresight :)

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some good, some bad. The family fell apart, having dinner together and discussing the days events, school, relationships, what would Jesus do, gave way to birth control, abortion, drugs, do your own thing, we tossed God out of school so we didn't offend Muslims, that wanted to kill us. Long hair for men was the in thing, then earrings, tattoos, and now man buns. Men aren't men anymore, we're a fashion statement. Remember Dick Butkis, standing on the sidelines with crutches, in incredible pain? For girls, put your hair in a bun, no makeup, put on 50 lbs, then ***** that men aren't interested. Parenting only means you bought your kid a super computer and made a deal that you wouldn't bother him if he didn't bother you, remember Columbine? Every corner in town has a pawn shop, a tattoo joint, a massage parlor, and a marijuana dispensory. Gambling was going to fix all our problems, then drugs, next will be prostitution. Yeah, we're making real progress.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some good, some bad. The family fell apart, having dinner together and discussing the days events, school, relationships, what would Jesus do, gave way to birth control, abortion, drugs, do your own thing, we tossed God out of school so we didn't offend Muslims, that wanted to kill us. Long hair for men was the in thing, then earrings, tattoos, and now man buns. Men aren't men anymore, we're a fashion statement. Remember Dick Butkis, standing on the sidelines with crutches, in incredible pain? For girls, put your hair in a bun, no makeup, put on 50 lbs, then ***** that men aren't interested. Parenting only means you bought your kid a super computer and made a deal that you wouldn't bother him if he didn't bother you, remember Columbine? Every corner in town has a pawn shop, a tattoo joint, a massage parlor, and a marijuana dispensory. Gambling was going to fix all our problems, then drugs, next will be prostitution. Yeah, we're making real progress.
My wife was watching "inked" the. Remember when tattoos use to look tough, now they make you look like a beta cuck.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yep. The economy in the 80s was much like it is now. I had a co-worker who got married. She and her new husband took on a mortgage loan that was 24%. Yep, you read that right -- 24%.

I was a wild woman but used protection -- took the Pill. Some times that **** doesn't work. 😳 I could have gotten an abortion I suppose but I'm not cut that way. So ... I had a baby and proceeded to work 2 jobs until he was 3 and I married. Back down to one job. Alas ... My taste in men back then was atrocious. My ex- turned out to be an alcoholic (nope, love is blind -- I really didn't realize it until I had another). The day I accepted a job offer from a hotel in Dallas I also found out I was pregnant with my third. 🤦 Back then if you were pregnant and looking for a job you were SOL.

I wound up single, unemployed, on welfare, with 2 and 1/2 kids and cooking, in a single-wide trailer I paid $75.00/month to rent. Oh yeah, no heat or air. Those were GLORIOUS times.

I have heard it all -- I am:

a heathen (yes),
a whore (if I'm honest, yes, but if I'm supporting myself what I do in my off time shouldn't be anybody else's business but mine. That's how it works for men. You guys couldn't "be boys" if it weren't for women like me willing to do the deed without strings. 🤷),
not good enough to keep a man (see above),
a bad mother (see above),
a bad daughter (because I chose to shelter my kids from the physical abuse I suffered as a child)
a ***** (usually because I stood up for myself but sometimes, yeah, I was a *****)
gonna die old and alone (Grumpy asked me to marry him in 2000 -- WELL after my prime and with 3 teenagers in the house. Of course if I hadn't been controlling him with sex (his ex-'s take on things) or pregnant (also his ex- but I had a hysterectomy in '86 so THAT would have been a feat in and of itself),
homeless (I bought my house when I was 40?? 41?? I'd have to go back and look)

I mean the list goes on and on and on. I didn't get the things I have from family money, or because I was smarter than the average bear (quite the contrary), or because I married well when I was young.

I got where I am (comfortable) because I worked hard and I got lucky. No ****. I had NO ILLUSIONS about what was gonna happen to me. I was gonna work until the day I died. I knew that.

Why? Because the only person I could rely on was ME. Grumpy was a surprise. Nothing I could have ever planned prepared me for him. And that is both good and bad. But honestly mostly good. I don't know why he stays but then he will say the same about me. We are a match made in heaven I guess. 🤷😂

My point is ... Things aren't that much different than when we (Boomers) started out. Well except we didn't look for someone to blame for our problems. It NEVER occurred to us to be professional victims.

Y'all want something?? Then stop looking for someone to blame about how hard life is and get to work. Work as many jobs and have as many roommates as you have to to get enough money in the bank and then go get the things you want.

I was a single mom, collecting NO child support, with 3 kids, working 3 jobs when I bought my house. EVERYBODY except my realtor said I was wasting my time and my money. It has turned out to be the single smartest thing I have EVER done in my life -- right after cutting my entire family off (should have done that WAY sooner than I did) and marrying Grumpy. I still have NO idea why he thought that was a good idea but I'm glad he did.)

I hope when you are my age you can look back and smile like I can. Was it hard? Well it wasn't a lot of fun sometimes but we live in the greatest country in the world. No where (especially if you are a woman) do you have the freedom to live your life like you want to. Thing is that's a double-edged sword. Sometimes it's good, sometimes not, but either way, at least I had a choice a lot of people do not. Same for you guys. Y'all have choices other folks around the world dream of. :soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::oops3::sorry4::anyone:

Ooops ... Sorry ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom