Things getting spicy down in Okmulgee county. LEO standoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with this is what happens when a non-tribal person commits a crime against a tribal citizen on tribal land.
It has happened. I believe we should all fall under the same rules.

My neighbor used his tribal heritage to get away with stupid crap when it benefitted him. Was happy to see him move.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has happened. I believe we should all fall under the same rules.

My neighbor used his tribal heritage to get away with stupid crap when it benefitted him. Was happy to see him move.
I agree. Unfortunately the McGirt ruling has created this MCF. Stitt is anti-tribal authority and seems more interested in beating the tribes into submission rather than negotiating with them. Congress is going to have to intervene and rewrite these treaties. If this keeps escalating, it won't be long before we will all have to have passports to travel in and out of tribal land. Have a look at a tribal land map. Most of Oklahoma is considered tribal land.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. Unfortunately the McGirt ruling has created this MCF. Stitt is anti-tribal authority and seems more interested in beating the tribes into submission rather than negotiating with them. Congress is going to have to intervene and rewrite these treaties. If this keeps escalating, it won't be long before we will all have to have passports to travel in and out of tribal land. Have a look at a tribal land map. Most of Oklahoma is considered tribal land.
During covid I was traveling back from the badlands, I came across a reservation with a highway passing thru it. They had a make shift road block. Tons of questions I refused to answer. I advised him to move the barrel (barricade) as I was driving thru on a public highway. He reluctantly did but mentioned I would be stopped at the exit checkpoint. I drove by and let him know I would not be stopping at another illegal checkpoint on a public highway. I guessed he notified the other end because they moved the barrel that was there to prevent me from exiting without stopping. I wasn’t going to stop, I never exited the public highway onto tribal land so I would not participate in this game.

I am with you though. Seems crappy when criminals hide behind tribal laws and boundaries, I’ve seen that as well.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to KRMG at 5:00 (or so), an officer at the jail, not the sheriff's department, may have made a comment about Lighthorse not being real police, then a scuffle began.

KRMG has body cam footage. However, they're not sure what happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom