Thinking glock 20...calling about one tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goathead

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been considering one for some time but my concern has been ammo availability.

There is as much ammo on the market as there always has been. It cost and is not cheap to shoot you just need know where to look. It seems that most of the name brands 10mm ammo has the same power as a 40 cal if you just shoot that stuff then just get a 40 cal. It's the ammo that cost more money from the small places like double tap underwoods or buffalo bore have the 10mm power that everyone loves

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But colts can not fire high end loads from underwoods
This is from the underwoods web site¥
Cannot be used in Colt Delta Elite or any other firearms with rampless barrel due to complete lack of case support.
Safe for use in all 10mm firearms with a ramped feed barrel.
(Examples: Glock, EA Witness)
If you buy from underwoods with a colt you only have one chose
http://www.underwoodammo.com/deltaelite10mmauto180graingolddotjacketedhollowpointboxof50.aspx

I didn't know that...interesting.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i1029.photobucket.com_albums_y358_cnkforever1_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps9b8ffe05.jpg

G20 Gen4 6.6" barrel Trijicon HD night sights DPM recoil reduction system

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I learned about the Nighthawk Richard Heinie 10mm Long Slide. Wow! Big money but if someone were flush with the green stuff it would make a fantastic shooter.

I'll just have to admire the pictures.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The downside of the 10mm is that when you go to the range, your brass ends up scattered along with the 9, 40, 45 etc. It's pretty easy to spot the difference between those 3 but toss in a little 10mm brass and that stuff is really hard to spot. And 10mm brass is like gold at the moment.

As far as ammo, it's pretty easy to find but it's not cheap.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll never regret owning something that packs more punch than a 357 magnum and holds 15+1, brass isn't too bad to find Starline makes quality brass for good price allowing you to reload the 10mm to the specs it was meant for (180gr XTP over 10.7gr of blue dot for 1,250+ fps 624 ft/lbs energy) and with other companies like armscore and American eagle in on the 10mm game you'll have decent supply of target ammo. You'll never own another .40 short and weak after you've popped your 10mm cherry.

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10mm may be the best, most versatile autoloading pistol cartridge available. It can be used for self-defense and for hunting medium game up to deer size. The recoil is very manageable, especially in a Glock 20.

Latest posts

Top Bottom