thinking of buying a used 6.0 powerstroke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Okie4570. I can tell 2 things from your photo...it hasn't snowed up there, yet. And you need to clean your dash. Lol

Lol, the dirt just adds the to big total "POS" package. Speedometer is off by 3mph at 70mph per GPS. Have to remind my wife of that often............she can't figure why everyone's constantly on her bumper.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad has an '04 F350 PSD (Crew Cab, long box, 4x4); he had some issues with it early on, but the last update of the PCM code fixed those, and it hasn't given him any trouble in years.

My BIL had the same thing. Helped him put in two engines 11 months apart. The 6.0 is a good engine with a few mods. When we put in the 2nd he put the Bullydog on craigslist and had the PCM updated. No more problems. When the 6.0 is right they run like a raped ape.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did I miss it somewhere or did you find out what all he had done to it? Does it have the EGR delete and a new oil cooler? If it's got that and especially if it's got new head gaskets and ARP head studs, then I'd go for it in a second. Even if some injectors to out, (all diesels have injector issues sometimes, Chevy is probably the worst), and even if the FICM needs replaced at some point, neither of those are too bad. The rest of the truck should be bulletproof.

Latest posts

Top Bottom