this is why I carry. So Sad :-(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/30/body-missing-arkansas-realtor-discovered-in-shallow-grave/

Piece of **** the video makes me rage :finger:

The Arkansas man who faces capital murder charges in the death of a real estate broker whose body was found early Tuesday in a shallow grave told reporters she was chosen because "she was a woman that worked alone -- a rich broker."

Arron Lewis, the suspect, denied killing Beverly Carter, and mentioned a co-defendant during the brief comments to reporters Tuesday while being led by police in handcuffs. Police said at a Tuesday press conference they are not seeking any other suspects.

Lewis appeared in court Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to one count each of capital murder, kidnapping and robbery, as well as four weapons charges, according to the office of Pulaski County District Judge Wayne Gruber.

Carter had been missing since Thursday afternoon, when authorities say she had planned to show a house in the town of Scott, but never returned from the appointment.

Her body was found in a shallow grave at a concrete company in a rural area about 25 miles northeast of Little Rock. Police say Lewis has admitted to kidnapping Carter.

Lewis was arrested Monday morning, a day after authorities identified him as a suspect in the case. Fox16.com reported that a passerby recognized him outside a Subway restaurant in West Little Rock and chased him into an apartment complex along with a group of other men. Lewis was hiding in a manager's office when he was apprehended, police said.

It is not clear how investigators initially connected Lewis to the case. According to the sheriff's office, Lewis was questioned for more than 12 hours Monday. Lewis admitted to kidnapping Carter, but did not divulge her whereabouts. At some point Monday, investigators received a tip leading them to the address where she was found.

Pulaski County Lt. Carl Minden said that Lewis was on parole until 2017 for previous convictions in northwest Arkansas. He did not reveal whether Lewis was the client Carter was planning to meet.

Police said Carter’s purse was found in her vehicle outside the home Friday and the door to the residence she was showing was left open. Detectives believe Carter was taken from the home.

Carl Carter, her husband, told First Coast News that he received a text from Beverly around 1 a.m. Friday, the morning after her disappearance.

But he said the message didn’t sound like her at all.

"All of a sudden I received three texts in a row. One said 'Yes.'… Then she sent another text that said, 'My phone's low. The battery's down, and I'll call you whenever I get signal.' …And, then, straight back-to-back, I received a text that said 'Oh, I'm out drinking with some friends,'" he told the station. "Beverly's not a drinker."

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a woman, who also works in the real estate field this caught my attention from the very start.

I can only be very sad for her family and hope that this guy does not get away with what he has done.

This is a very dangerous job to be in, whether you are male or female. Always make sure people know where you are and how long to expect you.

I never show homes to people I don't know alone anymore. I did ONE time, and I made sure 3 people knew where I was going, when I got there and when I left. I told them if you haven't heard from me in 30 minutes call and if I don't answer, come looking for me.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a woman, who also works in the real estate field this caught my attention from the very start.

I can only be very sad for her family and hope that this guy does not get away with what he has done.

This is a very dangerous job to be in, whether you are male or female. Always make sure people know where you are and how long to expect you.

I never show homes to people I don't know alone anymore. I did ONE time, and I made sure 3 people knew where I was going, when I got there and when I left. I told them if you haven't heard from me in 30 minutes call and if I don't answer, come looking for me.

Same here LMS!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
POS... that's horrible, I am so so sorry for her family. I would be very concerned if my wife were in this profession and had to do things like that.

Terrible tragedy.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
POS... that's horrible, I am so so sorry for her family. I would be very concerned if my wife were in this profession and had to do things like that.

Terrible tragedy.

yes I make sure my husband knows where I am and alot of times if I don't know the people I will either take him with me, or just unlock the door before they get there and tell them to come outside with any questions. I've been in several situations where 2 or 3 men usually investors want to look at homes. They understand that I will not go inside the house with them. If any of them ever didn't understand, well, sucks to be them because I am more important to me than they are. I'm just sick about this. I've worked with a few Crei Leike agents :-(

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Indeed. If someone is not understanding of the realtor's position of not going in with them, then they can pound sand and find another agent, IMNSHO.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes I make sure my husband knows where I am and alot of times if I don't know the people I will either take him with me, or just unlock the door before they get there and tell them to come outside with any questions. I've been in several situations where 2 or 3 men usually investors want to look at homes. They understand that I will not go inside the house with them. If any of them ever didn't understand, well, sucks to be them because I am more important to me than they are. I'm just sick about this. I've worked with a few Crei Leike agents :-(

I've honestly never thought of just opening the door for them. It is very rare I have to show homes since I am a licensed assistant, but the times do occur. I, like you, try to take my husband with me. The office I work out of is also big enough, that if I needed another agent to go with me, it could easily be arranged. Normally people are very understanding when it comes to scheduling on the weekends or after business hours, so it's not a huge issue.

Hopefully this will hep turn the tide on public opinion with realtors needing to show homes at the drop of a hat to anyone.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worth every penny

www.findmespot.com_images_transparent_spot2.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom