This weekend or next weekend???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff3C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When are we going to start seeing the big boys moving? My guess is this weekend should be when things heat up but I think next weekend will be the best weekend of the year. What does everyone else think?

TulsaMAE

Marksman
Reaction score
I sure hope it's next weekend since I won't be able to hunt this weekend...that moon sure is looking good though, or should I say the lack there of it.

CCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly think that anytime from now for the next 2 weeks is going to be a good time to be in the woods. Plus, what was just mentioned, we are going into a new moon so the big boys should not be doing to much running around at night. I am sure going to be out there this weekend...count on it!!

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing next weekend will be better based on the deer activity I saw this evening. Saw some bigger bucks but they weren't interested in chasing any of the ladies. Young bucks were moving earlier in the afternoon and one was chasing a doe really hard.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking forward to this weekend it looks good, I don't think next weekend will be as good. By next weekend they could be starting to lock down with a hot doe. With that said it wil lstill be better then average and defiantly if we get that colder weather in. Good luck!

This is pretty much true, unless you have a 1to1 doe to buck ratio and few do.
If there are lots of does, the peak of the rut is a slow time to hunt. They lock the does down and just move to the next one. They don't have to cruise very far to find another.

OKMOM

New to the site!
Reaction score
Was out scouting today and saw a fresh scrape and watched a younger buck bird dogging two does around in the wide open at 3 this afternoon. Also more deer primarily bucks moving around this afternoon between 11 and 3 than I have seen all fall. Seems like they are getting gear!

Latest posts

Top Bottom