those who attended a TDSA, class.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarpenter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In particular the urban rifle class, what gear did you buy/use?

I was thinking of buying a blackhawk serpa holster for my 1911, and even went into looking at the thigh rig. Also for carrying the mags of both handgun and AR, what would you recommend.

This will be my first class of any kind and am excited and nervous.

Any help will be huge, thanks

jcarpenter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh wow, I did not know that. Ill email'em.
Also what about a chest rig or belt rig that will hold my AR mags and handgun mags?

I know the items/rigs/setups are subjective, I just want something that is fuctional so I'm comfortable and can really get the full experience of the class.

M1380

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took their combat pistol 1 class and used a blackhawk serpa holster for both days no problem. Actually I did have a problem after multiple draws of not getting clean draws due to the release button beginning to become difficult to push from hand fatigue. I have since removed the release button. The holster still has good retention and a smooth draw but I don't have to push the button anymore.

jcarpenter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the good info. I was just looking at 5.11 MOLLE type thigh rigs and holsters.

As for ways to carry mags what would y'all suggest? The info says 4 rifle mags and 2 pistol mags.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thigh rigs have, or had, a purpose...to get your pistol clear of cumbersome body armor. If you aren't wearing armor and a lot of other crap on your torso there's really no need for one...heck now with the lower profile plate carriers you don't need one even if you are wearing armor. Try running in one for any length of time and you'll tire of it really quick.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree no thigh rigs, no Serpas. I use a HSGI Suregrip belt and double decker TACOS. The double decker tacos hold one pistol mag and one rifle mag. They are adjustable. I run two on the left and one on the right behind my pistol (which is on my belt too). You can get a mag drop pouch too if needed. I shoot ambidextrous so that is why I have one on the right. HSGI is good stuff made in the US and I have seen some big names start using it. It is expensive but I priced out a normal belt with Raven goodies and it was almost as much.

http://hsgi.us/

Latest posts

Top Bottom