Thoughts on Mini 14 value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one from a business acquaintance in Texas back in the 1990's he had a gun store at one time but was working in advertising. He kept his FFL and would show me specials he still got from dealers. One time there was a giant blow out special on Ruger of all kinds. I got a Mini 14 stainless and a O/U Redhawk for around $800 which included a $25 fee to his wife who did the paperwork. Like a dummy, I let my brother who had a blue mini 14 talk me out the stainless and since I all ready had a half a dozen shotguns, I sold the O/U to another guy I worked with when he saw it at a hunt we were on. I let him have the O/U for $900 when they were selling for around $1100. at the time. They run about $2000 today. If I just didn't always have to have something different all the time, I might have had a few special pieces instead of the just run of the mill stuff I have now.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread, what do you guys think about the value of a mini 30? I've got a 1993 model with a Aimpoint on it and it shoots minute of deer, but the ammo selection in that caliber is horrible, FMJ is all I can find at decent price.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread, what do you guys think about the value of a mini 30? I've got a 1993 model with a Aimpoint on it and it shoots minute of deer, but the ammo selection in that caliber is horrible, FMJ is all I can find at decent price.
Isn't that the 7.62x39? It's probably worser than the mini14

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard that Ruger is finally making some design changes to the Mini in order to attract more of the AR fanbois. They still won't take AR mags but:

They are only offering them in black
They now come your choice of ribbed or sensually textured handguards
The grip is natural-feeling silicone
Slings are provided, all black leather with chrome studs
A free Spandex t-shirt is included with each purchase

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@JEVapa yes the Mini30 is the mo worser Mini14. One of the only rifles i ever owned that had minute of water barrel accuracy . It made the Mini14 look like a precision rifle in comparison. I owned several SKS rifles which all out shot it

Latest posts

Top Bottom