Thoughts on this sutuation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe in the situation given that said woman went from concealed carry to open carry. Period. Under no stretch of the imagination is that brandishing. Unsure what you consider irresponsible when a woman is aggressively advanced upon by a stranger after she has told him to leave her alone, and transitions to legal OC in order to take advantage of the obvious deterrent effect. Maybe you didn't hear, but the law changed on Nov 1.

BTW, just because I engage in a discussion about a hypothetical situation, it doesn't mean that the OKOCA is promoting anything. Surely you're smart enough to know the difference.

Before Nov 1, lifting your shirt behind your gun was illegal. Now it's not. It's still one major step short of drawing, and even further short of shooting. This is one of the reasons why OC may result in fewer defensive shootings.

IMHO, she is not just "transitioning to legal OC", she is introducing and revealing a deadly weapon, and threatening deadly force in the midst of a non-deadly force, verbal confrontation....maybe you didn't hear but that has never been deemed 100% legal or responsible before or after Nov 1st.

You are OKOCA, your avatar shows it and you continualy post with that hat on. If this scenario represents the type of responsible carry that you stand for, then you represent even less Oklahomans than you think you do.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, she is not just "transitioning to legal OC", she is introducing and revealing a deadly weapon, and threatening deadly force in the midst of a non-deadly force, verbal confrontation....maybe you didn't hear but that has never been deemed 100% legal or responsible before or after Nov 1st.

You are OKOCA, your avatar shows it and you continualy post with that hat on. If this scenario represents the type of responsible carry that you stand for, then you represent even less Oklahomans than you think you do.

I would argue that an aggressive man advancing on a woman after she has told him to stop IS a threat of deadly force with or without any weapons.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your relentless opposition to anything open carry has finally worn me down. You win. CC good. OC bad, mmmkay?

You don't listen so well, do you? I've told you before that I am one of the board of directors of an open carry association. I also am just me. I post as both. Now you are just trying to argue against me by attempting to discredit me.

Look , I get that you don't like OC. We ALL get that you don't like OC. I happen to like it. OC is legal. If it bothers you so much, feel free to lobby the legislature for repeal. Then you win.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your relentless opposition to anything open carry has finally worn me down. You win. CC good. OC bad, mmmkay?

You don't listen so well, do you? I've told you before that I am one of the board of directors of an open carry association. I also am just me. I post as both. Now you are just trying to argue against me by attempting to discredit me.

Look , I get that you don't like OC. We ALL get that you don't like OC. I happen to like it. OC is legal. If it bothers you so much, feel free to lobby the legislature for repeal. Then you win.

When have I ever stated that OC is wrong and should not be legal? You have clearly missed the point of every one of my posts on this subject.

Maybe you need to put a disclaimer on your posts, so we know when you are posting as OKOCA or as Bryan....it's so confusing.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, she is not just "transitioning to legal OC", she is introducing and revealing a deadly weapon, and threatening deadly force in the midst of a non-deadly force, verbal confrontation....maybe you didn't hear but that has never been deemed 100% legal or responsible before or after Nov 1.

I guess I missed the part of the law that defines having a visable weapon represents a threat of deadly force...oh yeah its not in there.

The first part says it all. This is your opinion and you are entitled to it however incorrect it might be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom