Through arguing with these people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya. Just today got into a discussion about this very thing and am out of ways to explain it to people that have no interest in facts or the rule of law.

So sick of the "Founders didn't envision assault rifles", "Don't need 30 rounds to hunt", "You can't stand up to tanks and airstrikes with any rifle", "The founders are just like politicians today so who cares about their views on anything", "Times have changed and the constitution is outdated".

It's like that Piers Morgan video with Larry Pratt. They really are that full of hatred and condescension. They are incapable of having a respectful debate or engaging in critical thought. Tired.

Had this same conversation today. When I began with my response about the 2dA and the framers intent, I was told that if I wanted to defend myself, I could use however many muskets I wanted. Then I was dismissed and the others kept on about banning all guns "for the children". These people are truly psychotic.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm so sick of arguing with people about the gun control thing already. I get asked about why the "need" for an assault rifle and I explain everything from the framers intent to fight tyranny to it being the best for self defense, I quote FBI stats, etc. just to have someone else pop up and ask the same question about why the "need" for an assault rifle, so here's my new answer: None of your business. I don't have to explain or justify how or why I exercise my rights the way I do and you (meaning them) are not in a position to demand that I justify it. I'm not sure if that's the best route to take, but I'm already fed up with the endless stream of people demanding to know what purpose would I own an AR-15. Anybody else to that point yet or is it just me?

NEVER GIVE UP! Thats what they are betting on. Then they can pass anything they want...

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
O'Reilly says that we have to control the really powerful weapons like AR's. He is too busy being an glib entertainer to check his facts.

Just the other night he was referring to the evil AK15, just like he knew what he was talking about.

Ha! The guest he had on had to correct him.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
O'Reilly says that we have to control the really powerful weapons like AR's. He is too busy being an glib entertainer to check his facts.

It seems that everybody is an expert and knows what the common citizen should not have. Everybody knows that those high capacity magazines need to go away, because... it sounds good.

Maybe we should be asking the questions, listen to their answers and then explain why the answer is wrong.
"Do you think people have a right to defend themselves? How?"
"How do you think school teachers should protect students?"

You mean gun owners still watch Bildo O'Really?

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Answer a question with a question-

"Why is it any business of yours what I do, buy or own?"
or
"Why do I own several semi automatic rifles, full capacity magazines and all the ammo I can afford to store?"... "Because I can!"

Lots of variations that may fit whatever conversation or argument you may find yourself in, but the point is to turn the situation around and force the other person answer/ defend his or her position instead of interrogating you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom