Tikka 260 REM. truck gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I replaced my old scope with a Bushnell Match Pro 5-30x56 on this rifle. Today I was finally able to take it out and sight it in. I was pleasantly surprised with the overall performance of this scope. Brightness, color, edge to edge clarity was all very good. Although, two items I found slightly disappointing were the tactile clicks and the thinness of the the crosshairs. I tried the highest illumination setting to enhance the crosshairs against a black background but the illumination wasn’t bright enough In the mid day sun.

The Tikka T3 CTR never lets me down. It’s the most accurate off the shelf factory rifle I’ve ever had. I was shooting 41gr H4350 behind a Hornady 140gr ELD-M. This is a mild rather anemic loading that will save on barrel life traveling at 2509fps. Next up, take it to distance.

10 rounds at 100 yards
IMG_5512.jpeg

IMG_5514.jpeg

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I replaced my old scope with a Bushnell Match Pro 5-30x56 on this rifle. Today I was finally able to take it out and sight it in. I was pleasantly surprised with the overall performance of this scope. Brightness, color, edge to edge clarity was all very good. Although, two items I found slightly disappointing were the tactile clicks and the thinness of the the crosshairs. I tried the highest illumination setting to enhance the crosshairs against a black background but the illumination wasn’t bright enough In the mid day sun.

The Tikka T3 CTR never lets me down. It’s the most accurate off the shelf factory rifle I’ve ever had. I was shooting 41gr H4350 behind a Hornady 140gr ELD-M. This is a mild rather anemic loading that will save on barrel life traveling at 2509fps. Next up, take it to distance.

10 rounds at 100 yards
View attachment 420219

View attachment 420220
Not bad, but then again I use a Ruger single 6 to dove hunt.lol
That's some good shootin. IMHO, Tikka is about as good as they come. My deer rifle is a T-3 in a 243.

Latest posts

Top Bottom