Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher?!?! You got to be kidding me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most if the decent action stars are less than 6' tall. Sure he's one of the smaller ones but Tom is rarely in a bad movie. I'm not a fan of TC the person but as an actor he's pretty good. The rock probably could have done a decent job but dolph lundgren??? That gets a hearty lol. They could have done worse. Ie. Liam Nessen (sp?) or lord of the dance, tatum Channing. Rofl!

I'll see it when it comes to video and I'll probably like it.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want more atypical action leads. I think Adrien Brody did a great job in Predators, and have grown tired of the body-builder hero. They are harder to believe in because they don't exist in the real world.

This being considered, I think I know who should have played Jack Reacher:
MV5BMTI2NTQ4MTM1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODEzNzQ4Mg@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Yes, that's Jason Segel. He's 6'4", and needs a chance to be serious for once.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chris Hemsworth (Thor/Kirk's Dad) would've been pretty good in that role. He matches it physically. But yeah, Cruise hasn't made more than a handful of stinkers. And yeah, Adrien Brody did a great job in Predators which kind of surprised me.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw the movie with the same concerns. I've read several Child/Reacher books (but not this one). Cruise did a good job. And if Lee Child (who appeared in teh movie, BTW) was happy with it, then who are we to criticize?

And Duvall was PERFECT as teh Gunny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom