Tony Sirico Dies: ‘The Sopranos’ Star Who Played Paulie Walnuts Was 79

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up NYC outskirts, & went to private school with the real deal kids of the mob. Knew their families , went to activities together. My HS quarterback , who I guarded for on the field, his dad was in prison for murder. Their kids ran the numbers (sports gambling) & drugs in school. Most of them , the sons of the soldiers, were tough as nails. You didn’t want to cross them. The sons of the wealthy ones “ ie prominent in the community “ , some were just sissy spoiled brats.
Back then , the code was still in place….women and kids were off limits to retribution. But, at the ‘peer’ level, anything goes.
Street codes existed in and out of school. You had to be tough, act tough, or just act crazy enough to be respected . That’s anywhere ( I guess ) , I don’t have anything else to compare my upbringing to.
I put myself through college for years driving taxi in & out of NYC, having a chauffeurs license. Being closely associated with industry, there was much influence in that industry. That could be said for many industries, where money could be made. ( Longshoremen,AFL-CIO, Trucking,Steel/ Construction etc ) Corruption was widespread, a way of life.
I never cared too much for Hollywood elevating & glorifying lawlessness …just saying

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up NYC outskirts, & went to private school with the real deal kids of the mob. Knew their families , went to activities together. My HS quarterback , who I guarded for on the field, his dad was in prison for murder. Their kids ran the numbers (sports gambling) & drugs in school. Most of them , the sons of the soldiers, were tough as nails. You didn’t want to cross them. The sons of the wealthy ones “ ie prominent in the community “ , some were just sissy spoiled brats.
Back then , the code was still in place….women and kids were off limits to retribution. But, at the ‘peer’ level, anything goes.
Street codes existed in and out of school. You had to be tough, act tough, or just act crazy enough to be respected . That’s anywhere ( I guess ) , I don’t have anything else to compare my upbringing to.
I put myself through college for years driving taxi in & out of NYC, having a chauffeurs license. Being closely associated with industry, there was much influence in that industry. That could be said for many industries, where money could be made. ( Longshoremen,AFL-CIO, Trucking,Steel/ Construction etc ) Corruption was widespread, a way of life.
I never cared too much for Hollywood elevating & glorifying lawlessness …just saying
In regard to glorifying it, I dont think the Sopranos did that. In the end, everyone except Sirico’s character was killed off. It was an entertaining series, but certainly didn’t glorify anything in my opinion. Just when you might feel compassion for a character, they turn around and show what a dirtbag they really are.

JRR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, I meet KroyWen @ Cabelas for ammo deal. Super guy. Spell his name backwards, yep he's knows what he's talken about.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom