Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jumps out of your car on a race track to throw I fit! And people are surprised he's dead? Sounds like a Darwin Award recipient. They should have large platforms on their cars, so professional rasslers could have a match during the race, the toothless would come from miles.

Pro wrasslin' and NASCAR at the same time? Wal-Marts for miles around would be empty.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"This week an Ontario County grand jury has been meeting to hear testimony and review evidence gathered in the Tony Stewart matter, relating to the death of Kevin Ward at the Canandaigua Motor Speedway on Aug. 9, 2014. The grand jury has completed its investigation," said Ontario County District Attorney Michael Tantillo. "During the course of the grand jury presentation, approximately two dozen witnesses testified. These included a number of race car drivers, racetrack employees and volunteers, two accident reconstruction experts, medical personnel, and a number of police officers. In addition, the grand jury reviewed a number of photographs and video recordings, as well as other documentary evidence. After listening to and questioning all of the witnesses, and reviewing all of the evidence, the grand jury has determined that there is no basis to charge Tony Stewart with any crimes; his case was 'No-Billed' by the grand jury."

Tantillo also said marijuana was detected in Ward's system during his autopsy. Tantillo said the levels were enough to "impair" Ward's judgment.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...t-be-charged-in-death-of-kevin-ward-jr-092414

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was initially on the fence slightly about this case, but I really do think this was the right decision. However, it still doesn't get TS off the hook for civil claims, which will probably be settled out of court for an undisclosed 7-figure amount.

As I said before, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." This applies to all involved. Sadly, the stupid in this scenario is probably just getting started...

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I was initially on the fence slightly about this case, but I really do think this was the right decision. However, it still doesn't get TS off the hook for civil claims, which will probably be settled out of court for an undisclosed 7-figure amount.

As I said before, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." This applies to all involved. Sadly, the stupid in this scenario is probably just getting started...

We can only pray the fact Ward was high on dope, will reduce any settlement accordingly.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can only pray the fact Ward was high on dope, will reduce any settlement accordingly.

I'll bet the family was just totally shocked by that revelation and defended him as someone who would never do that.

Oh, and I thought some of the big supposed bennies of legal Mary Jane were slower, better stoned drivers (vs drunk drivers) and lack of aggression???? :hypnotize:

:owned3:

:lmfao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom