Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a time when NASCAR drivers drove on as many, if not more, road courses as they do circle tracks. The first NASCAR drivers were moonshiners who'd learned their driving skills dodging revenuers on the back roads in Appalachia. Somewhere along the way it became all about leveling the playing field and crap like that. I still watch and like NASCAR, but it's just not what it used to be.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I met the pro "rasslers," the Von Erichs, many years ago when they were getting ready for a "meet the public" event staged by the Toyota dealership in Lawton.

They were cool guys, (big too!) and one of them told me a joke: "What has two teeth and an IQ of 16?" The answer was "A wrestling crowd."

Sometimes it seems like some of the same folks are NASCAR fans. And, having such a fan base, it would encourage the stars to cater to their need for silliness.

Of course I believe real race cars turn right as well as left.

I am truly sorry this young man is dead, and I feel the fans have encouraged this kind of behavior. Some growing up seems to be in order for the entire NASCAR complex.

Sooo, you Know they turn right while going left, now Thats a skill..... ;)

And I agree about the crowds, they know little about the technologys, jus waitin fer a rek

Heck even some of the MMA are being urged to do some smack talkin.....tooo much like rasslin..8/

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes it seems like some of the same folks are NASCAR fans. And, having such a fan base, it would encourage the stars to cater to their need for silliness.

Of course I believe real race cars turn right as well as left.

I am truly sorry this young man is dead, and I feel the fans have encouraged this kind of behavior. Some growing up seems to be in order for the entire NASCAR complex.

Uuuuuh, FU too.

I hate the wrecks, it messes up the whole race. I am a fan of NASCAR. I am a fan of good driving, not wrecks.

I hate hot-headed drivers like Tony Stewart too.

:woot:

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never been a roundy-round fan but I don't get NASCAR people that like to watch wrecks. Always loved drag racing and the wrecks make my butt pucker.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www_greenandgoldrugby_com_community_attachments_butthurt_png_4684__.png

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jumps out of your car on a race track to throw I fit! And people are surprised he's dead? Sounds like a Darwin Award recipient. They should have large platforms on their cars, so professional rasslers could have a match during the race, the toothless would come from miles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom